What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » suggestion: set personalised status from system tray

suggestion: set personalised status from system tray
Author: Message:
Lilo

– / Female / Flag
O.P. suggestion: set personalised status from system tray
Would it be possible to have the plus! option of personalised status when you change your status by right-clicking on the messenger icon in the system tray?

What i mean is that now i can only select this option if i change my status from the contact list (i get the list online, busy, etc, and personalised status). But if i right-click on messenger and select My Status, i don't get the personalised status option.

This post was edited on 10-09-2004 at 07:50 PM by Lilo.
10-08-2004 09:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: suggestion: set personalised status from system tray
You can already do that, if your status is online and you rightclick the MSN icon in systray an choose "away" u get this screen...there u check "personalize my status" and click on "presets" an all your preset statusses will apear in a list, choose the one u want then click "personalise"....and your done.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=318495]

.jpg File Attachment: persostat.JPG (46.71 KB)
This file has been downloaded 288 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-08-2004 at 09:52 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-08-2004 09:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Lilo

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: suggestion: set personalised status from system tray
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
You can already do that, if your status is online and you rightclick the MSN icon in systray an choose "away" u get this screen...there u check "personalize my status" and click on "presets" an all your preset statusses will apear in a list, choose the one u want then click "personalise"....and your done.
Yeah, but i have disabled that option (on purpose) and was just wondering if it is possible to add the personalised status option to the list of other statuses in the systray :)

This post was edited on 10-09-2004 at 07:53 PM by Lilo.
10-08-2004 10:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
yes hes got a point so that under my status when right clicking the messenger icon you have under the offline option a personalised status submenu like you get from the contact list. i know you can use hotkey shortcuts to trigger status and theres many ways to initiate personalsed status but would it really hurt to it this way too?
10-12-2004 09:55 PM
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
if you right click the tray icon of msn, you will see that plus has not altered any of the content (options).  If this feature is to be implemented, lots would have to be done. IMO this feature may not worth the effort, but that's just my opinion. :^)
Cow juice...
10-12-2004 11:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
yeah i see your point and in a post i read about 10 minutes ago i read that patchous getting fed up with all the suggestions now as he is starting to think us ungreatful and that we are trying to take away all of his free time. perhaps that is not what he meant but thats the impression i got from his post.
10-13-2004 07:00 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: