What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Volunteers required [Formula 1 related]

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Volunteers required [Formula 1 related]
Author: Message:
bmtaylor

48 / Male / –
O.P. Volunteers required [Formula 1 related]
First of all, if this is the wrong place to put this, then by all means can someone drag it kicking and screaming to T&T.  Thanks!

During the F1 off-season, I will require a group of 20 or more people [no more than 50] to stress test some components relating to some F1 contests I am planning to run during the F1 2005 season.  I will also be looking for some people to assist in the running of these contests for the entire 2005 season.

If anybody is interested, can they please email me on f1-contests@blueyonder.co.uk with "Stress Test Applicant" in the subject line to avoid my junk mail filter and include your name and a valid return email address, as well as where you saw this message please.

Nearer the time I will email everyone back with more concrete details about where the contest is located and all the details to allow you to get access to it.

Many thanks,
Brian!
bmtaylor75[Image: Gmail4.gif]
10-08-2004 11:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MessEnGer

mess the world

40 / Male / –
RE: Volunteers required [Formula 1 related]
well it is not possible if i am in the same country as yours is i ??

if it is i would love to

i love f1

gooo schumi :)
10-09-2004 12:04 AM
bmtaylor

48 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Volunteers required [Formula 1 related]
You could be based on Mars for all I know, but as long as you've got an internet connection and some spare time, email me on the address provided to get your name in the hat.
10-09-2004 12:10 AM
MessEnGer

mess the world

40 / Male / –
cant u just add me right now please :),
just oo lazy and high to mail

dont worry just happens once in a while
10-09-2004 12:14 AM
bmtaylor

48 / Male / –
I can put your name down easy enough, but you really need to 'apply' so that I have a valid return email address to give you more details nearer the time.
10-09-2004 01:46 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I've sent off the valid application form, what will the stress test include, as long as it doesn't involve drugs then i'm all up for it

:)

quote:
Originally posted by MessEnGer

just oo lazy and high to mail
dont worry just happens once in a while

yea, public forum, getting high is illegal, you really need to share that information with us? Its quite crazy really.. just don't say it.

10-09-2004 11:02 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
bmtaylor, I'd love to help if you need it.  I'll send an email right away. 

-pr0xy
10-11-2004 10:19 PM
bmtaylor

48 / Male / –
First of all, an early Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you all.

Second of all, I know I'm dragging up an old thread, but it's my thread and I'll dig it up if I feel like it :P

I'm betting that at least half of those that applied thought this was a dead issue by now.  Not so.  Been up to my eyeballs in work since October.

Latest info about the contests is that we have been working on implementing ideas and alterations for 2005, and these changes are almost nearing completion.  As the Christmas/New Year holiday looms, further work has been halted until mid January, but for those still interested we will still need you to create a game account and give us your feedback on the layout of the contests selectors, colours, etc...

I am trying to source something in the way of prizes for 2005 as well.  I'm trying to get round to writing to the teams for 2005 and asking if they could offer something along the lines of a signed cap, a team mug, etc...  The idea is that there would be prizes for the top three in each contest, but this all depends on what I can get my grubby paws on between now and March.

We're hoping to have at least 4 contests running solely for Formula One, and with the addition of the A1 GP Series starting in September 2005 we will be looking into the chances of running the same number of contests for that also.

We are also looking at running 3 contests each for CCWS (Champ Car World Series [A.K.A. Champ Cars / C.A.R.T.]) and IRL (Indy Racing League), making a total of 14 contests across 4 racing series.  These additional contests may not be implemented until 2006, depending on the number of people involved in running the contests.  The more contests we want, the more folks it needs to run them.

As for a permanent home for the Newsgroup that these contests will run from, I have found a hosting service that should be suitable for our needs, and I am currently in the process of discussing what would be the best package for us from the multitude they offer.

Below is a short reminder of the four contests and what they involve.
If you are still interested in taking part, do nothing and I will email you further details as they become available.
If you know of other people that may want to join in the fun, then can you please ask them to email me on f1-contests@blueyonder.co.uk with Contest Applicant in the subject header.
If you no longer wish to take part, or are too busy to offer your assistance can you please email me with "Contest Removal" in the subject header and I will remove you from the list.

Regards,
Brian Taylor

=====================
CONTEST DESCRIPTIONS
=====================

=============================
BackMarker Scramble [BMS F1]
=============================
An entry post for the BMS will be posted after final qualifying has finished.  To enter, all you have to do is log onto the contest selector and choose BMS F1 from the menu of listed games and select one driver and one team that you think will have the biggest improvement to their finishing position over their qualifying position.  You can select the team that your driver comes from or have separate driver and team choices to increase your chances of scoring a larger points amount.

For the driver total, it is a simple case of [start position] - [finishing position] = [points scored].  For the team, it is [driver A points] + [driver B points] = [points scored].

The team aspect of this contest is being looked at and may be dropped prior to Aus 2005 depending on the feedback we receive once the selectors go live.

========
BITS F1
========
An entry post for BITS F1 will go up by the Wednesday before a race weekend.  Before the first session of qualifying starts, you must select 2 drivers [team-mates if you wish, but CANNOT be the same driver] and your choice of Chassis, Engine and Tyres.  ALL choices EXCEPT tyres have a limit of 2 selections for the entire season, so as the season rolls on your choices for each section will gradually get more limited.  Try to earn as many points by picking smart and not always going for the obvious choice. Points are scored using the F1 scoring system [10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1] for each component EXCEPT tyres, which is a 5 point bonus for the tyre which scores the most points based on the F1 scoring system.

========
BETS F1
========
An entry post for BETS F1 will go up by the Wednesday before a race weekend.  Before the first session of qualifying starts, you must select from a choice of 15 possible scenarios, all with odds ranging from 1:1 to a maximum 50:1.  You will have a starting balance of $285,000 [assuming a 19 race season] to play with, but a race weekend limit of $15,000 or 5 scenarios, whichever comes first.  If you join the contest after round 1 then your balance will be reduced by $15,000 per round that you missed.

========
TIPS F1
========
An entry post for TIPS F1 will go up by the Wednesday before a race weekend.  Before the first session of qualifying starts, you must select your choice of the top 8 drivers for the race & qualifying, as well as what you think will be the pole-time.  You must also pick who you think will set the fastest race lap, who is leading at the mid-point of the race and who ends up as the first retirement.

The fastest lap, half distance leader and first retirement are all 5 point bonus categories.  Get it right, score 5 points per section, get it wrong and score nothing.  The pole-time works on a sliding scale.  If you are within 1 second of the actual pole-time (above or below it) you score points.  Within 1 tenth score 10 points, 2 tenths score 9 points, 3 tenths score 8 points, etc.. down to within 1 second and score just 1 point.

If you make a mistake with your choices, or you suddenly feel the urge to switch a driver for somebody else, just log back into the selector, make the changes and send your adjusted entry to the newsgroup entry post.  The only contest that won't allow this will be the BETS F1, so make sure that you are 100% happy with those choices before you confirm them.

For all of the contests, if a driver is disqualified of penalised in some way then the contests results will be adjusted to reflect the adjusted results of the race.
12-08-2004 03:24 AM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
Hey, its been a while since I sent that email, and I haven't recieved anything back.  One question I asked was what exactly this is.  I dont quiet understand what this whole thing is or what is going on. 
12-08-2004 03:48 AM
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
hey that sounds  good i'm looking forward to being apart of it :)
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
12-08-2004 05:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: