What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » I have a BIG Installation problem - bug?

I have a BIG Installation problem - bug?
Author: Message:
Pupi

O.P. I have a BIG Installation problem - bug?
Ok Guys this one beats me. I have been using plus for quite a while. My last working version was 3.1.094 or something like it, any way itīs the one before 3.2. The thing is that I have downloaded 3.2 but as soon as I click on the downloaded file I hear a sound (the windows warning sound) you know duuuung! but no dialog box at all. Thatīs all I get and the installation does not start. I have downloaded the msgplus-320.exe AND the msgplus-setup.exe with identical results. Now I know itīs not a bug in the file per se because it works just fine on my oher computer with the exact same operating system) I use win xp pro SP1 in an AMD athlon XP 64 with all the bells and whistles. Messenger 6.2
Hereīs what Iīve done so far and didnīt work:

checked all my privileges as an administrator
turned all antiviruses and spam filters off
Have plenty of memory available (above 1 giga)
Redownloaded the file from a diferent server
used two different files (msgplus-320.exe and msgplus-setup.exe)
Did I say my previous plus version worked flawlessly but now it doesnīt anymore. Yes when I now click on the executable to run plus it just doesnīt work. (I mean 3.1.094) the tone hat worked fine just a while ago
By the way I canīt uninstall 3.1.094. Control panel will say Messenger plus was NOR uninstalled from your system, so I just erased the whole Messneger plus archive and started from scratch but still no luck

So please someone tell me what to do next. PATCHOU are you there?

Thanks in advance
Pupi
10-09-2004 07:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: I have a BIG Installation problem - bug?
I would say Virtual Memory too Low (That denies requests from some programs), but you seem to have enough memory...
10-09-2004 07:58 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I guess it's probably a setup problem. Restarting yoru comp;uter should just do the trick :). If it continues to happen, let us know!
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-09-2004 08:07 PM
Pupi

O.P. RE: I have a BIG Installation problem - bug?
I have restarted the computer several times, even reinstalled msn messenger. Still no luck. Help!

By the way I have just downloaded msgplus 3.1.94 again and installed it flawlessly, but the 3.2 version is still fooling me
Problem solved!. after reinstalling msn messenger 6.2 for the second time, msgplus finally installed satisfactorily. Thanks everyone
10-10-2004 09:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Wow, that's weird... do you at least see the "loading" banenr when you double click on the setup exe? please email me at mplus@patchou.com with all the details, we'll dosome tests together.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-10-2004 08:57 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: