What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Possible bug with floating contacts and remote desktop

Possible bug with floating contacts and remote desktop
Author: Message:
Islander

48 / Male / Flag
O.P. Possible bug with floating contacts and remote desktop
Hi and hello.

I use to access to my home computer through Windows Remote Desktop while at work (yes, I've got time to do that :P). Since at home I use a 1280x960 screen and the remote connection is only 1024x768, first thing I noticed with floating contacts is that they did not appear. That changed with the last version, as Patchou introduced that feature which makes the contacts appear all over the screen (default position?)...
Affortunately, he also introduced the "fix position" option... nice.

However, I just restarted Windows remotely after installing some software, and when I reopened Messenger, all floating contacts appeared all over the screen again, even with the "fix position" tags (which by the way became unmarked). I am not sure if that is because I didn't close MSN before restarting, or because I restarted remotely.... still, it didn't work the way it should have... perhaps someone could check on that?
Using XP Pro btw. with  SP2 and the latest Plus! version. Not the latest MSN version though, but the one before that, since the last one didn't work very well on my machine.
10-16-2004 07:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Possible bug with floating contacts and remote desktop
It's probably because Messenger was terminated forcibly instead of being closed cleanly.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-16-2004 11:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Possible bug with floating contacts and remote desktop
Well, it may jsut be because you positionned your floatingwindows on theedges of your 1280*1024 screen... if Plus! detects that the last position of a floating window is not on valid anymore (visible on screen), it resets it.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-17-2004 05:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Islander

48 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Possible bug with floating contacts and remote desktop
Ok, I haven't been able to track it down, but there seems to be something wrong definately. I was accessing the computer remotely when my brother pressed the reset button... after logging in again, all floating contacts were spread all over the screen again. This time with the "fix position" tag marked, but still.
True, Patchou, the contacts are at the lower left corner of my 1280x960 screen, so they are not visible while in 1024x768 mode... but somehow that position resets if Plus! isn't closed correctly (or closed by Windows while shutting down the system as said in my first post). Perhaps you could look into that, I'd guess the position should remain even if there is a hard reset.
10-20-2004 08:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: