What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Audio Problem

MSN Audio Problem
Author: Message:
Bones

O.P. MSN Audio Problem
Hi all......can someone help me?? p l e a s e (don't all forum posts start with pleading??)

Ok so here's the deal...If i start audio in Messenger - i can hear my friend fine - but they cannot hear me.....if they start the audio - i can hear them fine - but my audio is really bad for them (sounds like i'm talking underwater lol)

We are both running the latest version of Messenger 6.2 (0137)

We both connect to the internet via NTL (Cable modem Surfboard SBS4100)

I have windows 2000, they have windows XP

I've seen alot of topics about this type of problem and they go into big ole detail rattling on about NAT's uPNP etcetc........basically i'm a computer idiot (turn it on and use it) so i need a simple step by step list of things to work thro and try and solve my problem

I hope i've provided enough information - if any more is needed to help me - please let me know.

Thanks
10-01-2004 12:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Alamarco2

Internazionale

36 / Male / –
RE: MSN Audio Problem
A NAT means a NAT router; which means the router has a firewall in it. They are real useful to have :).

I would like to know how to make my microphone work also. My webcam works fine, the audio doesn't.

I posted this in here because it would be a waste of making a new thread since the solution for "Bones" would probably work for me also :).
10-01-2004 12:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
for Alamarco2, is the volume turned up for your mic? Tools> audio/video wizard > make sure the volumes up.

and for Bones, it could just be your mic, sometimes the quality of the mic can be shitty
10-01-2004 12:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Bones

O.P. RE: MSN Audio Problem
I think my mic is OK (actually i've thought it could be mic related - so i've borrowed and tried 3 different types)...all the same result.

My mic is plugged into the sound card and works fine (when recoding on Windows Sound Recorder)....it also works fine when i run thro the Audio set-up in messenger.......the problem comes when i try and start an audio conversation.......
10-01-2004 09:25 AM
sebt2

Hello,

i've got exactly the same problem!
When i use videoconference my corespondant don't hear me.
At beginnig i though that it was my routeur but in fact i stop msn+ and just used msn alone, and all is working.
I think that msnplus have a problem to work with a routeur when using sound.

Is someone has a solution to use msn+ with sound when i pass by a routeur? I repeat that with msn alone all is ok!!!

Thanks
10-12-2004 09:47 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: