What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Cutting Off

Cutting Off
Author: Message:
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
O.P. Undecided  Cutting Off
Hi,

I know i should be contacting our internet provider *Which im going to do soon, i hope* , but i was wondering before doing that, what might be the causes.

My internet keeps on cutting off. Sometimes it stays for 1 hour or even more, which is rarely. And some other times it cuts off even before using the net for 1 soild minute.

It's totally irritating. From before, it used to sign me out every few minutes on my computer. And now on this laptop,it keeps on telling after a while that the Internet has just been connected.

So i was wondering, what might cause such acts besides wires problems?
10-04-2004 05:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user13774
Disabled Account

RE: Cutting Off
Are you absolutly sure it has nothing to do with ur modem / router / pc's?
10-04-2004 07:46 PM
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Cutting Off
I do not think it has anything to do with the Pc. This problem hasn't only occured on this laptop, but also on my computer. But on my computer, it didn't use to say the net has re-connected. Just that the Msn signs me out. And since my computer is broken down for now, i can't know if it would work fine on it now.

I use LAN, and it's connected to another computer too, beside this laptop *for now*. And so far, nothing went wrong there, nor anything weird. Just some usual disconnection.

As for the router, i haven't changed anything in any ports and such. And i don't use them. Unless i understood this wrong..
10-06-2004 11:18 AM
user13774
Disabled Account

I think you should contact ur provider if they can test the internet line or something to your home. Or maybe they've had some downtime in ur area or something. I'm just guessing.

This post was edited on 10-06-2004 at 11:34 AM by user13774.
10-06-2004 11:33 AM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
I had like the same problem some time agoa nd the problem layed in the modem that the company gave me and they had to give us a whole new one.
10-06-2004 01:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
You should check if there's some noise in you phone line, this causes DSL to go down frequently (happened to me before) . You should call your phone company/ISP, by any chance, too.
It can be a problem of the phone cable or the wall plug. A technician should take a look at it.
10-06-2004 02:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Cutting Off
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
You should check if there's some noise in you phone line, this causes DSL to go down frequently (happened to me before)

I don't really use the phone line. It's connected to the modem;ADSL and it doesn't make any sounds.

I haven't yet contacted anyone, but i've finally doscovered the reason behind those weird acts.

If im not wrong, it's the Internet Gateway, and the connection between my computer and the other computer. After trying nearly everything to find whats the problem, i re-created the network conenction between my computer and the other computer that use the modem and it has been working fine.  But at some time, the internet gateway just disconnects, and after few minutes it re-connect.

So i was wondering,what might cause it to disconnect?
10-13-2004 05:05 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
Take a look at the conections and the cables. If they are somehow damaged or  in a bad state, you should replace it.
Else I can't really tell...
10-13-2004 05:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Cutting Off
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Take a look at the conections and the cables. If they are somehow damaged or  in a bad state, you should replace it.
Else I can't really tell...

That's the problem. Nothing looks suspecious :^) - thnx anywayz!
10-13-2004 05:26 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: