What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Auto hide main Messenger contact list window

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Auto hide main Messenger contact list window
Author: Message:
renio

O.P. RE: Auto hide main Messenger contact list window
To avoid that you can resize the main Messenger window a bit to it doesn't 'conflict' with for example the Back-button in your web browser. I have my Messenger window set to the left side of my window so it doesn't interfere with the scrollbars while browsing :)
It just takes 2 days to get used to it and then you can't live without it anymore.
10-13-2004 12:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
RE: Auto hide main Messenger contact list window
Probly a good idea atm mines positioned on the right side of my browser where the scrollbar is and i either have fullscreen browsing or mostly the whole screen of webpage and a small enough area to the right so that msn fits there with all the menu items (file, plus e.t.c) in one line.
10-13-2004 12:09 PM
renio

Patchou ... what's your call on this ?
10-15-2004 01:27 PM
michael_m91

33 / Male / –
I'd like this feature as long as if it is a key shortcut, that it would ask you at least the first time so that you know whats happening. Otherwise we would have people complainging that "Plus! broke their Messenger"

[Image: Email.JPG]
10-17-2004 05:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sanjay

– / Male / –
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought that it mean't autohide contact window like it used to be with ICQ, this is the one feature in MSN Messenger I miss the most compare to ICQ. Basically one could go in options and set a certain time, for eg. 15 seconds, after which the Contact Window would dissapear. The window would popup each time someone logged in (optional) and or if you clicked on the Icon in the taskbar.

The most important reason why I miss this feature so much is, that ICQ upon connecting or starting would have the contact window open (to enable you to see if any contacts are online) and then if you had it set to autohide, the window would dissapear as per the time set in options. In MSN Messenger I don't like the window contact being open all the time, but the only way to stop that is to uncheck 'Open Messenger main window when Messenger starts', which means if there is a contact already online I would not see them. The other alternative is to manually close the window each time, which is a pain. Thus if the window would just open up long if for me to see it and then close, it would be great.
10-19-2004 10:24 PM
renio

Indeed Sanjay, that would be nice to have too...

from time to time (say like every 15 minutes) I just have a peak who's on-line in my contact list and just for that it is very handy to move the mouse pointer to the side of my window and the contact list appears without clicking anything or using any keyboard shortcut. The contact list window hides back to the side if I move the mouse pointer away from the contact list window. That is the advantage of using MSN Shell add-on... but I would love to see this as a feature in Plus! (but perhaps that feature shouldn't be activated by default, users should have to enable it).
10-20-2004 05:12 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
yes i agree with you renio you and sanjay both make great points. i remember the feature in icq that sanjay refers to it was great but yes renio your right adapt it so that you just hover over the edge of the screen to get the contact list back as opposed to having to double click the tray icon.
10-20-2004 06:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: