What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Playing a sound when logging in

Playing a sound when logging in
Author: Message:
Christian Otte

O.P. Playing a sound when logging in
I recently installed AIM (AOL Instant Messenger), which has the possibility of playing a sound whenever you log in at your contacts' AIM - for example, one of my friends recently logged in, and then I heard a short guitar solo.

Is such a plug-in available for MSG Plus?
10-19-2004 04:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Playing a sound when logging in
nope....

Also, this can be considered as a breach of privacy (yeah, I know, the "P" word again) and/or can be abused for flooding.
Eg: I don't want hundreds of different sound to be played on my end when people sign in.

It IS possible though, but only if both you and the contact has a plugin made with this purpose. But because of the above reasons, I doubt this will be made any time soon (unless a plugin programmer is really bored :P). Anyways, both you and the contact will need to install the plugin to work...

However, it is possible in Messenger Plus! that you set some sound that should be played on your PC when someone particular signs in... In order to do this go to "Plus! > Preferences > Notifications > Sounds" or right-click a contact and select "Plus! extras > Notifications" to set some sounds for different events (like changing status, etc...)

This post was edited on 10-19-2004 at 05:38 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-19-2004 05:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: