What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Use both MSN Messenger versions !

Use both MSN Messenger versions !
Author: Message:
The Boss

50 / Male / –
O.P. Grin  Use both MSN Messenger versions !
After all these problems with MSN Messenger sign-in now i decide to trick a little and play with my shitty brain and do my usual stuff, to be able to use both MSN 6.2 and 7 , now the process is too stupid and easy just close everything and any website that may terminate msn from closing then right click on ur msn icon is system tray and select exit, in case you still receiving cannot close msn messenger or anything still using msn force it to close by this way press start menu and then in the Run box type this without the quotation "taskkill -F -IM msnmsgr.exe" and press ok you will see a dos box and after 1 second it will terminate itself alone, now move your mouse over the icon of msn in your taskbar to close msn icon and then do this, Go to: the main msn installed directory usually  "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger" do not open this folder just rename it to "MSN Messenger6.0" in case it warn you don’t afraid say yes and ok, now back to our trick, now that we renamed the default msn directory for sure you must know what version you are using 6.2 or 7Beta now in case 6.2 go and install freely your 7 beta and use my MultiMSN's or if it's 7 Beta install again 6.2 but i think installing 7 after the presence of 6.2 is better because it will warn you that you have already a newer version of MSN Messenger so after these all put 2 shortcuts on ur desktop rename them for 6.2 and 7 and voila that’s it you can now sign in for sure after you use my multi msn's with the both version !

Cheers!

Moderator edit: Removed links related to private MSN Messenger 7.0 beta.

-

Download MSN Messenger version 6.2  Build -137-
MultiMSN for 6.2 Build -137-
:lol:

This post was edited on 10-11-2004 at 10:17 PM by Tochjo.
10-11-2004 10:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Tam101

RE: Use both MSN Messenger versions !
When I use the DOS thing. It says: "Error MSNMSGR NOT FOUND" or something like that... is that supposed to happen?
10-12-2004 03:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MessEnGer

mess the world

40 / Male / –
Went through the entire process was long and hectic

but ultimately ....

didnt work :(
10-12-2004 03:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
i've already tole people how they can have both versions running !!!!

toddy's reply to Installing 6.2 AND 7

This post was edited on 10-12-2004 at 03:29 PM by toddy.
10-12-2004 03:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tam101

I used the Polygamy patch for both 6 and 7. It still gives me an error, Do I need to rename the MSN 6 "MSNMSGR" file too?
10-12-2004 03:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: