What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » mIRC Plug in?

mIRC Plug in?
Author: Message:
Luke T

O.P. mIRC Plug in?
Does anyone know of a plug in that changes the way conversations are laid out to make them similar to mIRC? For example:

[22:34:45] <Luke> Hello
[22:34:50] <Dave> Bite me.

It would basically involve getting rid of the "Says:" bit, and adding the message onto the same line as the username. Also, it would need to work with custom names/time stamps.

So has this been done already? If not, is it possible?

Thanks in advance (Y)
10-13-2004 09:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
StUpIdO

– / Male / –
RE: mIRC Plug in?
it isn't possible (yet) to change a message send by some1 else.
SO i don't think this is possible :0
10-13-2004 12:28 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
well u can use stuffplug ng (www.stuffplug.com) for the timestamps, then u change ur nick to <your_nick> *ctrl+k* and select white or the color of ur backgroud (using the /nick2 command i think) to make the "says:" part invisible, and then u can use custom names to change ur contacts names...

There, u can do it that way :P though the messages would still be "in a new line" :P, its the best solution i can think off :)
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
10-13-2004 01:52 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Luke T

O.P. RE: mIRC Plug in?
Yeah I know, that's the setup I have at the moment (apart from the white bg), but I want it more for the purpose of copy & pasting. I just think it looks a lot neater on one line :/

Thanks though :) Is it not possible at all to change the way the conversations are formatted?
10-13-2004 02:08 PM
Luke T

I tried asking it nicely, I'm all out of ideas :S
10-13-2004 03:57 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Like TB said you can edit the msglang.dll file located in your program files\msn messenger

In the string table you want to edit the %1 says:\n to "<%1> " (without the quotes)

Thats all I will say as changing resources in MSN Messenger is illegal. Also I had removed the word says: once and it caused problems with Messenger Plus!.

If you want to zip and upload your msglang.dll file I will fix it for you, so its your choice.

Edit: Thanks TB, I didn't realize the mistake, I am at work and type to fast and never pay any attention when I type.

This post was edited on 10-13-2004 at 06:11 PM by matty.
10-13-2004 04:55 PM
Luke T

Oh well :( I just think it looks a lot neater and more proffessional, like trillian.

Thanks anyway though people.

*edit* Thanks Matty, but I don't think it's worth the risk, I'm already getting a runtime error with messenger as it is, don't want to make things worse! :)

This post was edited on 10-14-2004 at 07:37 PM by Luke T.
10-14-2004 07:35 PM
AgentX

– / Male / –
RE: RE: mIRC Plug in?
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Like TB said you can edit the msglang.dll file located in your program files\msn messenger

In the string table you want to edit the %1 says:\n to "<%1> " (without the quotes)

Thats all I will say as changing resources in MSN Messenger is illegal. Also I had removed the word says: once and it caused problems with Messenger Plus!.

If you want to zip and upload your msglang.dll file I will fix it for you, so its your choice.

Edit: Thanks TB, I didn't realize the mistake, I am at work and type to fast and never pay any attention when I type.

If you do this it removes the "says" part, but the text is still over 2 lines.  DO you know of any way to fix this?
10-15-2004 09:04 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: