What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion for custom contact names

Suggestion for custom contact names
Author: Message:
Andy115

O.P. Suggestion for custom contact names
Hi,

Firstly i'd like to thank patchou for this plugin which helps me with my msn list so much, FOR FREE! It makes things so much easier.

An interesting use of Messenger plus:

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
quote:
Originally posted by PsYcH0659
And now, when I'm cybering, I don't have to hassle with typing everything out. With one press of the button,

wtf :| Well, i suppose that is one use for Quick texts :-/

This thread made me laugh. I'm moving it to T&T and saving it :P

ON TOPIC: I think it would be nice if you could give a custom name to yourself, so that in your logs and conversation windows, it shows you by your custom name, for example mine might be Andrew. Thus, in my conversation windows, it would say:
"Andrew says:
  hi
xxxx says:
  hi"

anyway, just a thought.

Thanks

This post was edited on 10-10-2004 at 12:56 AM by Andy115.
10-10-2004 12:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
RE: Suggestion for custom contact names
You can have a conversation name only with stuffpluf ng, just download it from www.stuffplug.com and enable that feature. :) i hope it could help you :banana:
10-10-2004 01:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Andy115

O.P. RE: Suggestion for custom contact names
One Messenger plugin is quite enough for me, and i'd rather it was integrated with Plus!. Thanks anyway. It's really just a suggestion for the next version of Plus!.

Add it to your TODO list, Patchou, and I'm sure you can get it done in about five years, considering how big I suppose it is.
10-10-2004 05:01 AM
jmccarroll

39 / Male / –
StuffPlug-NG is a plugin for Plus! If you go download it from the website you won't be disappointed with it...
10-10-2004 06:02 AM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
id say just use stuffplug ng, with ALL the fings it dus and it being one plugin, ITS GREAT....www.stuffplug.com         as jmcarroll said, u WONT b disappointed

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
10-10-2004 08:41 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Andy115

Add it to your TODO list, Patchou, and I'm sure you can get it done in about five years, considering how big I suppose it is.
Don't be sarcastic please.
The whole reason plugins were made were to have extra features that there's no demand for that you could optionally get...StuffPlug is a plugin for Messenger Plus to make it more powerful and do more stuff.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
10-10-2004 08:46 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Andy115
One Messenger plugin is quite enough for me, and i'd rather it was integrated with Plus!. Thanks anyway. It's really just a suggestion for the next version of Plus!.

Thats where you're wrong, Messenger Plus! is an extension, and you can do this by downloading a plugin, you see, people make plugins to make plus! even more enjoyable, and they may also make them so patchou can have more time on his hands and they like to contribute to the world of Plus!

Anyway, as marissa said, go to www.stuffplug.com, and for more plugins, go to http://www.msgplus.net/pluginsdb/down/ ... Don't worry, they won't clog up your msn main window (thats what you may be thinking) they just go into (in chat window)

Plus! > Plugins .. and theres a list of all of the plugins you have and then they open up again and there are all of the features in each one, its very tidy.
10-10-2004 08:52 AM
Andy115

O.P. RE: Suggestion for custom contact names
Okay, thanks. Sorry about the rudeness before. I obviously didn't investigate enough. Anyways, i'm downloading "StuffPlug NG" Now.
10-14-2004 09:03 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: