What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Messenger 7 Leak truly a benefit for Microsoft ?

MSN Messenger 7 Leak truly a benefit for Microsoft ?
Author: Message:
prabvoodoo3dfx

O.P. Cool  MSN Messenger 7 Leak truly a benefit for Microsoft ?
To actually look at it... it's really been an advantage to microsoft.... that MSN 7 got leaked...
even though it was limited to a few beta testers and got leaked...the major flaws such as the winks and so on..weren't really recongonised until people who go the leak got back to microsoft and reported it...perhaps not just the winks several other bugs also...i'm sure microsoft's developers would be closely watching great sites such as mess.be and looking at the bug list... and at the same time... i'm sure only the more computer wise people would have been the ones who managed to get hold of msn 7 making it a good test ground for msn without damaging it's image... becoz we would know itz a beta leak and that we can't really blame them for the bugs... and hey therez a new beta now with the winks deactivated and all....after all the feedbacks.... what do you guys think about this ? isn't it really more of a benefit for them then a loss ?
[Image: voodoo__3dfx.png ]
[Image: temp.bmp]
10-15-2004 10:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
thc2010

Revenge is a meal best served cold

37 / Male / –
RE: MSN Messenger 7 Leak truly a benefit for Microsoft ?
quote:
Originally posted by prabvoodoo3dfx
To actually look at it... it's really been an advantage to microsoft.... that MSN 7 got leaked...
even though it was limited to a few beta testers and got leaked...the major flaws such as the winks and so on..weren't really recongonised until people who go the leak got back to microsoft and reported it...perhaps not just the winks several other bugs also...i'm sure microsoft's developers would be closely watching great sites such as mess.be and looking at the bug list... and at the same time... i'm sure only the more computer wise people would have been the ones who managed to get hold of msn 7 making it a good test ground for msn without damaging it's image... becoz we would know itz a beta leak and that we can't really blame them for the bugs... and hey therez a new beta now with the winks deactivated and all....after all the feedbacks.... what do you guys think about this ? isn't it really more of a benefit for them then a loss ?

thats just your ussumption and its kinda bias. SInce you dont realy know if the official beta testers wern't the ones who solved the problem. YOur just assuming becuz they spoted the mistake when msn got leaked.  If Msn Messenger 7 didn't get Leaked, you wouldnt hear of the news that microsoft fixed the problem and updated, which will take out the assumption that the microsoft actualy got sumthing out of messenger 7 bieng leaked. Who knows they probly solved it them selfs or would of even if Mess.BE never existed. And it isnt a loss becuz they loose nothing. It just created more work for microsoft which is nothing too much to handle for microsoft to handle. They should just Leave the Winks to Three Degrees instead of making the winks Internal.
10-15-2004 11:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
prabvoodoo3dfx

O.P. RE: MSN Messenger 7 Leak truly a benefit for Microsoft ?
quote:
Originally posted by thc2010
thats just your ussumption and its kinda bias. SInce you dont realy know if the official beta testers wern't the ones who solved the problem. YOur just assuming becuz they spoted the mistake when msn got leaked.  If Msn Messenger 7 didn't get Leaked, you wouldnt hear of the news that microsoft fixed the problem and updated, which will take out the assumption that the microsoft actualy got sumthing out of messenger 7 bieng leaked. Who knows they probly solved it them selfs or would of even if Mess.BE never existed. And it isnt a loss becuz they loose nothing. It just created more work for microsoft which is nothing too much to handle for microsoft to handle. They should just Leave the Winks to Three Degrees instead of making the winks Internal.

ermzz that is what i was looking for another prespective... and actually neowin and other sites do have updates by the beta testers there on how what bugs are being fixed... just want to rectify my point rather.... i'm not saying that the beta testers and microsoft wouldn't have solved it and all... i'm just saying the bugs and flaws were found out rather qucikly due the fact that a lot of people actually tried it out and even compiled a list... so the bug fixing process is a lot quicker for microsoft...as they know about the bugs that are out there more quicker then testing it in smaller market within the beta testers...isn't it actually a benefit for them and us messenger users...
10-16-2004 12:56 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
You can safely assume that M$ leaks these things on purpose. Then people go, "Bug here, here. Secuity hole here. Your whole program sucks." and then M$ changes it, spending about 1 half the money.
[Image: 7.png]
10-16-2004 03:07 AM
prabvoodoo3dfx

O.P. RE: RE: MSN Messenger 7 Leak truly a benefit for Microsoft ?
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
You can safely assume that M$ leaks these things on purpose. Then people go, "Bug here, here. Secuity hole here. Your whole program sucks." and then M$ changes it, spending about 1 half the money.

good one there....(y) that... i truly agree with you... they get to release their products faster in the market...knowing all their bugs and flaws faster...and allowing programmers like patchou who programme great add ons for mesenger to create a compatible version by the time it's released in public... afterall wudn't m$nger be handicapped without add ons lyk plus... :-#
10-16-2004 07:04 AM
siebe

37 / Male / –
quote:
afterall wudn't m$nger be handicapped without add ons lyk plus...  '
Not really
10-16-2004 11:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
do they hafta pay the beta testers? if they do, then they are really "cheapskate", using us as free beta testers lol. and to me, msn is really handicapped with plus. feels so empty and with no extra stuff. too "basic"
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
10-16-2004 01:13 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: