What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN7 compatible with AIM?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
MSN7 compatible with AIM?
Author: Message:
protonriver

O.P. MSN7 compatible with AIM?
Someone said with MSN7 you can add AIM people, is this true?

reason i'm asking is cause i need to talk to someone who has AIM and wont/cant install MSN/YIM.

I REALLY dont want to install AIM so i was wondering if this was true, if not then i'll look into some other cross client which can add it cause i hate AIM!

secondly, if its not true i wont upgrade to MSN7 cause they wont let you remove the tabs, which i think is crap cause i never use them and they're a waste of space.

so is it?
http://www.protonriver.com - A defence related discussion site

Full support for Patchou & MP
10-16-2004 01:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN7 compatible with AIM?
As far as I know, there is no way to add AIM contacts to MSN Messenger, no matter which version you use.
10-16-2004 01:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
But, if you want to, you can use Trillian.
Registered 7645 days, 16 hours, 41 minutes, 30 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

10-16-2004 02:28 PM
thc2010

Revenge is a meal best served cold

37 / Male / –
Screw trillian, Find a Web based AIM and get Tabmgr to have AIM in your Msn Messenger. If you like MSN more than AIM use the Tab Strategy, If you like AIM more than MSN then dont use the tab strategy cuz your not gona have the same features as you would using AIM Program Client aposed to the Webbased cliient. I don''t realy use AOL cuz i think it sucks.

TABS ISNT A WASTE OF SPACE!!! I have Newin, Google, Hotmail, Plus!, Alerts, Odigo + Chikka + WebMsn + Web Yahoo + ICQ2GO (all Chat CLient Web based Service) Noton Virus Alert, XiaoXiao, and ALl the Bittorent Web based CLients.

I also Removed some Defult Tabs like MSN Stocks and all that other crap I dont need. Tabs are the best, you just have to know how to use em.

Putting the Webbased Chat Clients into to MSN Tabs are the only way to have a Trillian Like Enviroment. I have GOogle in my MSN Messenger... I bet trillian doesnt... thats why i say trillian sucks.. cuz you cant expand or Extend its capabilites  like msn Messenger. Trillian also sucks cuz theres no Plus! 3 (Like Mentioned on my Previus Post)

If you like here is website to Tabmgr: http://tabserve.msnfanatic.info/

BTW im not flaming at Trillian, I just like MSN MEssenger More than triliian and I have 70% of my Contact using Msn MEssenger. Basicly cuz Trillian Doesnt Allow your Contacts to see your FOnt Syle and Avatar when your Sending messegas to people that arnt on trillian. And I like the GUI on Msn messenger.

You also cant reseve Video Feed Back when your on Trillian when some one is requesting you to see his/her webcam on msn messenger. And you cant send video feed back ither. Sure if people switched to Trillian it would be better, but MSN Messenger has alot more Stuff you can Do.

This post was edited on 10-16-2004 at 05:03 PM by WDZ.
10-16-2004 04:42 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
There was talk, a long time ago, of MSN and AIM talking about making it possible in the future to do so...This was nicknamed "When the two giants start talking...".
Many of us couldn't wait for this to happen, but after that statement of the talks no one has heard anything...But at present 7.0 has no known plans to implement this...I have no doubt in the future this may happen, but we've got a few more versions to wait before that.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
10-16-2004 05:04 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
but we've got a few more versions to wait before that.

Assuming there IS Gonne be a Few More Versions, maybe this Might be The last of MSN Messenger Just Like Internet explorer Once 7 is released whenever that will be.
10-17-2004 07:34 AM
weirdal27

Mostly Harmless

– / Male / –
anyone remember msn 1.0 when you could add aim contacts?

those were the days :)
[Image: weirdal27.png?t=1091467250]
10-18-2004 11:06 PM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by weirdal27
anyone remember msn 1.0 when you could add aim contacts?

those were the days :)

ROFL! :lol:

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
but we've got a few more versions to wait before that.

Assuming there IS Gonne be a Few More Versions, maybe this Might be The last of MSN Messenger Just Like Internet explorer Once 7 is released whenever that will be.

This is because IE is going to be more built into Windows. Another way MS is abusing it's hold on the market.
[Image: 7.png]
10-19-2004 12:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
This is because IE is going to be more built into Windows. Another way MS is abusing it's hold on the market

Good reason to Use Linux/Unix :-)
10-19-2004 04:31 AM
GaZ

can i point out that the URL for msnfanatics is still .com .info was/is just a temporary domain untill we get server shifted, please retain your bookmarks as www.msnfanatic.com

thanks
GaZ
10-19-2004 10:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: