What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » How accurate is stuffplug-window opened notifier

How accurate is stuffplug-window opened notifier
Author: Message:
saintgtril

O.P. How accurate is stuffplug-window opened notifier
i sincerely hope we can have a discussion and in the end a conclusion based on this.

initially i thought this is 100% accurate, till i verified with my contact. they are certain that they didnt open my msn window and of course no intention to chat with me.

kind of interesting, i was wondering, is this some kind of bug
   1. in stuffplug-ng for the window opened notifier
   2. in msn protocol
   3. my friends are lying to me (dont think this is the reason, cos it happened for quite a few times)

8-) thanks. any help or enlightenment will be appreciated.
10-16-2004 04:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: How accurate is stuffplug-window opened notifier
I found now and again this happened when I opened and closed a window with someone once...I said "hey I just opened your window and closed it a second before you did" and I got back "I never did that"...It is accurate, just can have little hiccups now and again, perhaps.
I'm going with contestant number 3 as the most likely one
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
10-16-2004 04:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

it's a kind of "glitch" in the official msn client. sometimes it opens your window to download your DP, if it isn't downloaded yet.

on the other cases it's 100% accurate
10-16-2004 05:03 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
I wouldn't say the window open notifier is accurate atm...i've gotten those popups from contacts who were away (got them when i signed in)...maybe this has something to do with the possibility of your contacts having you displayed on desktop...or maybe even with your contacts using MSN 7.

Edit: it might happen when your contacts use plus! 3.20.100  (and have you displayed on their desktop) instead of the newest version 3.21.104 because it shows floating contacts (contacts on desktop) in taskmanager as an opened window/conversation..so probably msn server sees it the same way. This will only happen when you log in or if they put you on their desktop later on.

This post was edited on 10-16-2004 at 05:47 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-16-2004 05:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
or maybe even with your contacts using MSN 7.
yup, msn 7 downloads the DP from everyone ;)
10-16-2004 05:13 PM
FineWolf

Space Artist

– / Male / Flag
Not very accurate I must say... Open and close a conversation, you'll see what I mean
[Image: spacesigkj4.png]
10-16-2004 05:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: RE: How accurate is stuffplug-window opened notifier
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
I wouldn't say the window open notifier is accurate atm...i've gotten those popups from contacts who were away (got them when i signed in)...maybe this has something to do with the possibility of your contacts having you displayed on desktop...or maybe even with your contacts using MSN 7.

Edit: it might happen when your contacts use plus! 3.20.100  (and have you displayed on their desktop) instead of the newest version 3.21.104 because it shows floating contacts (contacts on desktop) in taskmanager as an opened window/conversation..so probably msn server sees it the same way. This will only happen when you log in or if they put you on their desktop later on.

When you sign in and you get notifications from people saying they've opened your conversation window, it's because they are using MSN Messenger 7.

When you use MSN Messenger 7 and someone signs in, have you noticed how their display picture is displayed in the toast? It can't retreive that magically. The way it does it is by sending the "conversation window opened" packet to them, because MSN Messenger is set to send your display picture over once it receives that, which it does, and then is displayed.

It also does the same when you view the person's "contact card", obviously.

This post was edited on 10-16-2004 at 05:56 PM by segosa.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
10-16-2004 05:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
solidcorex

Why not....... show a popup saying possible window opened by user or msn 7 to fetch display pic in a light grey popup... and if a person writes somthing ... and the user is typing message info comes you can then show a popup saying the user is typing somthing to you...

just an idea. :) i know packets sent when u type.. but can be disabled i know. in most cases its not.
10-17-2004 05:47 AM
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
hmmm happens sometimes in group convos. im toking and all of a sudden some popup pops saying that some contact in that convo opened a new convo but they never did.
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
10-17-2004 01:20 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: