What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Help me please!! Data recovery.

Help me please!! Data recovery.
Author: Message:
gatepass007

sAd boy mAd boy.

40 / Male / –
O.P. Help me please!! Data recovery.
Hi there,
I'm fucked up! Last night I've downloaded MAXBLAST ISO from maxtor's web site. Today I burnt that in a cd. Just to check the CD I rebooted my computer and boot from the CD. Then I explored the software about 5 minutes. After that I rebooted my computer again. Then my primary OS Windows XP pro (sp2) couldn't loaded. Then from the OS menu I run Win XP (sp1). The booting time was too much slow. After booting when I click on my computer icon then that stops responding and after a few minutes the drives came. I've 3 drives in my 60 GB HDD. 2 of them are for OS and another one is for Software, games, music, pictures, documents etc, etc. When I click on that drive then a pop up window comes and says to format that drive. So, I can't access that drive at all. I've about 32 GB of data's on that drive. If i format that drive then guess what will happen. :( :'(. Now, how can I save my data's without formatting that drive? Please help me. If I lose those data's then there is no meaning to use computer anymore. :'(

Please, someone give me a idea.

Thanks in advance.
10-18-2004 12:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Help me please!! Data recovery.
When you tested that CD, did you do anything/change anything?
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-18-2004 02:43 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by gatepass007
Hi there,
I'm fucked up! Last night I've downloaded MAXBLAST ISO from maxtor's web site. Today I burnt that in a cd. Just to check the CD I rebooted my computer and boot from the CD. Then I explored the software about 5 minutes. After that I rebooted my computer again. Then my primary OS Windows XP pro (sp2) couldn't loaded. Then from the OS menu I run Win XP (sp1). The booting time was too much slow. After booting when I click on my computer icon then that stops responding and after a few minutes the drives came. I've 3 drives in my 60 GB HDD. 2 of them are for OS and another one is for Software, games, music, pictures, documents etc, etc. When I click on that drive then a pop up window comes and says to format that drive. So, I can't access that drive at all. I've about 32 GB of data's on that drive. If i format that drive then guess what will happen. :( :'(. Now, how can I save my data's without formatting that drive? Please help me. If I lose those data's then there is no meaning to use computer anymore. :'(

Please, someone give me a idea.

Thanks in advance.
I was experiencing something fairly similar but with me one my my HDD's appeared with a SMART failure. I suggested downloading the Manufactureurs Diagnostic utility and create a boot disk with it and run full tests on your hard drives. Also try unhooking the drives that have XP SP2 and that just for storage to see if you can boot fine into Windows (btw also unhook any Optical drives like cd rom, dvd rom etc)
10-18-2004 03:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
Have you tried a system restore or booting in safe mode yet?
Running any other OS's on THAT computer?
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
10-18-2004 03:28 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: