What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Top Rated - Forum Stats

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Top Rated - Forum Stats
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Top Rated - Forum Stats
DZ do you plan on adding the Top Rated people on the stats page like you had previously? (with the 1 to 5 star rating system)
10-18-2004 11:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Top Rated - Forum Stats
:banana: Awesome idea :P :banana:
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
10-18-2004 11:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
However, surely the reputation system is there for people to see who is respected and provides useful/correct information, and not to make it into a league table of who can get the most positive votes?

I just worry it might turn into a bit of a who's got the biggest score of them all type thingy whatsit :P;)
10-18-2004 11:48 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
However, surely the reputation system is there for people to see who is respected and provides useful/correct information, and not to make it into a league table of who can get the most positive votes?

I just worry it might turn into a bit of a who's got the biggest score of them all type thingy whatsit :P;)

:o I'm shocked and offended that you don't want to have bitter competition for top spots :o

:P

I think it's an ok idea, accept one thing - friends. Some guy who helps everyone but has few friends on the plus! forums might not get as good of a review as someone who has lots of friends on the plus! forum but doest squat to help :P
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
10-18-2004 11:54 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Top Rated - Forum Stats
I am not saying have links to profiles but just their rating beside their name in a table. Like the top 10 rated or whatever. They used to have this before the reputation system.
10-18-2004 11:54 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
well i like stats yeah, but as Jeronimo said:
quote:
surely the reputation system is there for people to see who is respected and provides useful/correct information, and not to make it into a league table of who can get the most positive votes?
i dunno, maybe some dodgy people will start giving bad reputations oly to catch others up :P
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
10-18-2004 11:55 PM
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
To be honest I am not against having a league table, but as long as it remained "accurate". By that I mean that people don't give people negative votes to catch up with them as Chrono said, or get their friends to vote for them.

I would be more than happy to have a league table of the top 10 people, as long as those people genuinely deserve to be there :)

Sadly its open to abuse as long as dodgy people are allowed on the internet :dodgy: :P
10-19-2004 12:04 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
To be honest I am not against having a league table, but as long as it remained "accurate". By that I mean that people don't give people negative votes to catch up with them as Chrono said, or get their friends to vote for them.

I would be more than happy to have a league table of the top 10 people, as long as those people genuinely deserve to be there :)

Sadly its open to abuse as long as dodgy people are allowed on the internet :dodgy: :P

That means we should shut you internet access off then. :P

Anything is open to abuse, no matter how you try to protect it. "Puzzles created by the human mind can be solved." - Sherlock Holmes

I think.....
[Image: 7.png]
10-19-2004 12:26 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
DZ do you plan on adding the Top Rated people on the stats page like you had previously? (with the 1 to 5 star rating system)
Plan? No. Have it in mind? Yes. :p

quote:
Very, very good point.
10-19-2004 03:26 AM
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
I see the point you are getting at matty but i think no deffenantly i think it would be bad yes people showing off telling people to rate them good and others purposly voting people bad it would be horrible so i say no along with wdz :P
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
10-19-2004 07:56 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: