What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Pulling my hair out!

Pulling my hair out!
Author: Message:
Bradl3y

O.P. Huh?  Pulling my hair out!
Lemmie start by saying, I will give every person that helps me a cookie!

I'm pretty good with networking and computers and this i cannot figure out...

Sometime in the recent past my internet connection has slowed drastically, i didn't notice for a while until it kept up because i jsut figured it was the download sources or a temporarily slow in the connection, but its been going on for long enoghu to make me realise there is a problem.

I am behind a router, shared connection with another computer, so i figured that might ahve something to do with it, hooked up straight to the modem no router still the same problem, i tried booting in safemode wiht networking, and still the same slow connection speed on my computer. The other computer behind the router gets normal connection speeds, and hte cable si fine because ym friend hooked himself up to the cable to test, and he gets the speeds he should.

I have no virus's/spyware, i have tried a different NIC, i ahve tried running the network wizard again to make sure all basic settings are as they should be, i ahve even tried following registry broadband optimisation guides, still no luck!

My max downlaod speed is only like 70kbs max, when before it was 400, and on other ocmputers hooked up toht e same modem also get 400.

I do not really want to resort to repairing windows, the only thing I can suspect is a corrupt TCP/IP protocol or maybe some weird settings somewhere that is screweing me up.

Does anyone have any ideas?
I feel like an ididot for not checking this, but i just found out that The Protowall network protocal that protowall installs was slowing my traffic, even while protowall isnt running...

I am disappointed in this as i use protowall quite often, anyone ever heard of this problem with protowall? any fixes?
10-21-2004 11:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Pulling my hair out!
quote:
Originally posted by Tip

get a reaload backup cd and that will fix ur pc!
No, it wont. What I believe you mean is a back-up of the comp; really this will not help if the problem is with the router connection to the other computer.
Bit more data I'd need is what is your actual connection speed to the internet in kilobits (not bytes) per second...on both the computer and the router. Also what connection speed is your internet connection meant to be?

This post was edited on 10-23-2004 at 11:53 AM by Anubis.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
10-23-2004 11:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: