What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Event log being totally empty

Event log being totally empty
Author: Message:
Tycoontje

O.P. Event log being totally empty
Lately I noticed my event log being completely empty. Not even signing in was logged. It seems to only start logging from the moment you open the Event Log Window. I don't let my events save to file, so I don't know whether the log was cleared along the way or was never started before opening the window.

I noticed this twice the past few days. On two different systems, both running Windows XP SP1. One is the Home edition and the other the Pro. Both are running MSN Messenger 6.2.0137. And it happened under Messenger Plus! version 3.21.104, which of course hasn't been on my system for long yet.

I have never noticed it before with other versions. Though while searching for this problem, I came across a one-message thread ( http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=27...d=270074#pid270074 ), which was posted months ago, so clearly not under the same version.

I'm going to update to 3.25 now and the change log mentions bug fixes, only not which ones. So maybe it's fixed. Maybe not. But I wanted to report it anyway.

This post was edited on 10-22-2004 at 08:44 AM by Tycoontje.
10-22-2004 08:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Event log being totally empty
Is there any software in common on these systems?  On the second system, did you transfer settings from the previous system?
10-23-2004 05:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Tycoontje

O.P. RE: RE: Event log being totally empty
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
Is there any software in common on these systems?  On the second system, did you transfer settings from the previous system?

No, I did not transfer the settings. At least not with a file. I pretty much did it manually.

Furthermore there isn't much software in common on the systems, except for what I mentioned earlier, plus Office. For the rest the systems pretty much have seperate functions. Basically one is my workstation. The other one is to mess around with.
10-24-2004 08:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: