What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » DVD ROM Drive

DVD ROM Drive
Author: Message:
Jutx

Shocking.......

– / Male / –
O.P. DVD ROM Drive
I've got a slight problem lol. I got a DVD ROM drive and when i attached it to the computer all was fine except that it doesn't recognize DVDs. It plays CDs fine but doesn't play DVDs. Tried a few different softwares like powerDVD etc. but still won't play it just acts like the DVD isnt in. Tried looknig for drivers but no look there can anyone solve this little problem for me?
Hard work pays off in the long run but laziness pays off NOW (H) :banana:
10-23-2004 04:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: DVD ROM Drive
Have you set your DVD region yet? :)

(Assuming you're using Win2K/XP/2K3)
My Computer->Right click on DVD-ROM drive, Properties->Hardware->Select your DVDROM drive's device name->Properties->DVD Region

This post was edited on 10-23-2004 at 04:55 PM by Mnjul.
10-23-2004 04:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
Sounds like the problem I had with my CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive (which I am waiting for the RMA Materials).  Anyway, did it EVER read DVDs fine?  If it did, then I suggest you contact the manufactuerer for RMA because it is more than likely slowly dying.  Mine stopped reading DVDs, then stopped writing CDs and then died all together (Windows didnt even recognize it).
10-23-2004 04:59 PM
Jutx

Shocking.......

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: DVD ROM Drive
Using Windows ME and i haven't set the region yet. It apparantely has read DVDs before in another computer
Hard work pays off in the long run but laziness pays off NOW (H) :banana:
10-23-2004 06:03 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
I haven't set regions on both of the DVD drives i've had and they read any DVD's fine.

quote:
Sounds like the problem I had with my CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive (which I am waiting for the RMA Materials).  Anyway, did it EVER read DVDs fine?  If it did, then I suggest you contact the manufactuerer for RMA because it is more than likely slowly dying.  Mine stopped reading DVDs, then stopped writing CDs and then died all together (Windows didnt even recognize it).
This happend to me too why can't DVD drive's last. The company's probably makes them like this too buy more 8o|.

This post was edited on 10-23-2004 at 06:09 PM by _Humphreys.
AC3
10-23-2004 06:08 PM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme

The company's probably makes them like this too buy more 8o|.

LOL, Nah, because they're just paying more to fedex me RMA Materials and pay for the shipping to them and then pay to send it back.

quote:
Originally posted by Jutx
Using Windows ME and i haven't set the region yet. It apparantely has read DVDs before in another computer

The region is usually set by default to the region where you bought it.  For example, if you bought the drive in the United States/Canada, it is set to Region 1.  However, if you bought the drive from Region 1 and had it shipped to another region, it wont read the DVDs in that reason.  Most DVD drives can have there regions change ONLY 4 times (this is a hardware limitation, reinstalling Windows will not give you more times), therefore be very careful when switching regions.
10-23-2004 06:19 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: