What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » search bar that appears on the IExplorer

search bar that appears on the IExplorer
Author: Message:
Nitro1

O.P. search bar that appears on the IExplorer
i dont know where to post this but i dont care, yesterday i got the message from msgplus telling me that there was a newer version available to download, so i downloaded it, intalled and all that.

the thing is, when i was installing, the installer asks me about the sponsor, and i clicked on the I Refuse button cus i dont like any of that shit, but then, 20 minutes after i installed msgplus, my pc kinda freezed and 5 icons appeared in the desktop, plus the exact same bar that was shown in the msgplus installer as the sponsor thing, is now on my Internet Explorer. that really pissed me off, so i removed manually like 30 mins after cus it was consuming my ram, and the pc was slow as hell, when i removed it, everything was back to normal. then i turned on my pc like an hour ago and that shit is back, if its not related to msgplus i apologyze, but the bar that appears in the IExplorer is the SAME as it was shown in the msgplus installer so thats why im posting this. if anybody knows how i can remove it please tell me, this shit is SLOWWWWW. :S

btw. yes, i clicked on the I Refuse button, as in refused to install the sponsor so save your words about that
10-26-2004 03:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
bmtaylor

48 / Male / –
RE: search bar that appears on the IExplorer
Why do you spend 30+ minutes trying to remove all the C2Media stuff when all you've gotta do is  uninstall MsgPlus using the Add/Remove Programs window, then reboot your computer and reinstall MsgPlus and just double check that you have clicked the NO option on the sponsor screen.

I'll say this much now.  I've installed the latest Plus build on my home comp by downloading it myself, and updated the Plus build on my laptop using the "check for updates" link, and I clicked no on both installs and it didn't install the C2Media stuff on either machine, so either you clicked the wrong button but didn't realise it (hey, everyone has done it at some point in their life) or else the extra goodies draining your machine do not relate to Plus in any way, shape or form.
bmtaylor75[Image: Gmail4.gif]
10-26-2004 03:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: