What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Few ideas / suggestions

Few ideas / suggestions
Author: Message:
Tinus

38 / Male / –
O.P. Shocked  Few ideas / suggestions
Hello all,

I have a few suggestions for some Messenger Plus functions. I think it would be nice if you had the possibility to set your status before logging in, i.e. to appear offline. Maybe an option to sign in with multiple accounts would be usefull.

Tinus

This post was edited on 10-31-2004 at 01:12 PM by Tinus.
10-31-2004 01:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: Few ideas / suggestions
quote:
Originally posted by Tinus
Hello all,

I have a few suggestions for some Messenger Plus functions. I think it would be nice if you had the possibility to set your status before logging in, i.e. to appear offline. Maybe an option to sign in with multiple accounts would be usefull.

Tinus

this is possible with MSN 7 BETA (signing in offline) but with 6.2 you can use MultiMSN
its a program that allows you to sign in offline, and use multiple msn accounts

10-31-2004 01:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tinus

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Few ideas / suggestions
quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
quote:
Hello all,

Tinus

this is possible with MSN 7 BETA (signing in offline) but with 6.2 you can use MultiMSN
its a program that allows you to sign in offline, and use multiple msn accounts

This is not possible with the version of MultiMSN i've got (downloaded just before posting this trhread) and MSN 7 BETA is never working properly (friends of mine also tried). That's why I asked if it was possible to build it into Messenger Plus

Tinus
10-31-2004 01:22 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
doing those things in plus would be ilegal or would require play with the protocol. Things that Patchou won't do.
quote:
and MSN 7 BETA is never working properly
because it's a beta, and betas have bugs :) with the final version of msn messenger 7 you'll be able to signin in appear offline and to use several account at the same time, you can use jnrzloader or the polygamy patch, both availabe in http://mess.be (however i don't know if they work with the beta). You can also use web messenger to have more than 1 account.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
10-31-2004 01:28 PM
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
i don't think this is really possible. did u do all the patching needed to get msn 7 to work? like the CVR patch? i remember a plugin called status loader by tb. it remembers ur status b4 u logged out the last time and automatically changes ur status to that immediately after you sign in. that's the closest thing msg plus can get. u might want to try messenger discovery. it allows that http://www.messengerdiscovery.com

for multiple msn accounts go search for polygammy on http://www.mess.be
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
10-31-2004 01:29 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
For signing in offline, please refer to this post:
CookieRevised's reply to how to sign in on appear offline?

(and both MSN Proxy and MessengerDiscovery let you choose your status, if you want another signin status then Offline. Also SatusSaver can do it in a way...)

For Polygamy, please refer to this post:
CookieRevised's reply to Polygamy (what/why/when/etc...)

In MSN Messenger 7, you will be able to choose you sign in status, (making the "sign-in offline"-plugins/addons useless)

This post was edited on 10-31-2004 at 03:07 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-31-2004 03:07 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: