What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » New foreign Messenger Plus! forums

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
New foreign Messenger Plus! forums
Author: Message:
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: New foreign Messenger Plus! forums
It will be a good practice for my French as well :)

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
small green on blue... aww.. poor eyes
Eh?
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Anyway i think that these languages are enough. why would u want an "afrikaans" forums if there aint that many users of that translation? (just an example).
* Guido agrees
quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
and AFAIK there's no french translation of mybb
There is NO translation of mybb (except, now, the spanish one that the Spanish Forum team did): the version with the language system was only out like 1 month ago.

This post was edited on 11-01-2004 at 02:36 AM by Guido.
11-01-2004 02:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
the spanish one that the Spanish Forum team did)

Omar did it :P (hey i know its a bit offtopic, but he will complain anyway :P). even though we helped him a bit with some spelling mistakes and stuff.

Anyway, u dont really NEED to use mybb... we just used it cause we are familiar with it. if u like invision better, go ahead :)
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
11-01-2004 02:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
sock
Elite Member

Back in White! (with red stripes)

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DureX
hmm thats cool what about hebrew :-) Me and sock can be in charge muahhaha
LOL, we'd be the only two users there... :chrongue:

Anyway, these localized forums seem to be a great idea. (Y) I'm not sure there's a point in making forums for any other languages though, as the rest of them aren't as popular. Perhaps Portuguese? Hmm. How about making a board with one forum for each of the smaller languages? :P
[Image: patchoulolhaxun7.jpg]
11-01-2004 02:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
surfichris
Former Admin

quote:
if u like invision better, go ahead
And if you're willing to cough out  for a license for it :P
quote:
There is NO translation of mybb
There's an italian and a dutch one now!
quote:
Originally posted by sock
How about making a board with one forum for each of the smaller languages?
Damn you Ro, I was going to suggest that :-/
11-01-2004 03:43 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Omar
Spammin' Member!

I have Chrono in my hands! MWAHAHA!!

47 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: New foreign Messenger Plus! forums
quote:
Omar did it :P (hey i know its a bit offtopic, but he will complain anyway :P). even though we helped him a bit with some spelling mistakes and stuff.
You think that im an attention-seeking biatch??? :P

(Well....yes i am.... but keep it down...)

This post was edited on 11-01-2004 at 02:46 PM by Omar.
Comunidad Hispana Oficial del Messenger Plus!  
TReKiE, you might as well face it... you are a dutchie (clogs, tulips and all that) :banana:
11-01-2004 02:45 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Choli
small green on blue... aww.. poor eyes

Eh?
CookieRevised's reply to New foreign Messenger Plus! forums Cookie posted the convo using small letters and in green and his post is with blue background and it's beruy difficult to read it.
quote:
How about making a board with one forum for each of the smaller languages?
that's a good idea, but you'll need enough people to help all the users in all the languages.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
11-01-2004 02:53 PM
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
But also remember that making an official Plus! forum demands much work. Just making one for the sake of it is NOT a good idea!

Firstly make sure there is actually a demand for it, so that it won't die out in a few months.

Which is exactly my concern... I believe there are about 65k Danish users - is that enough to keep a forum alive? Maybe, if people didn't have to register to post things (I'm sure that scares a lot of lazy people off). Maybe the obvious thing to do would be to merge Danish/Norweigan/Swedish into one forum, these languages are basically the same anyway, at least in written language.
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
11-01-2004 08:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DureX
hmm thats cool what about hebrew :-) Me and sock can be in charge muahhaha
LOL, we'd be the only two users there... :chrongue:

-_- people here in... well where we live are starting to download msg plus.. Bunch of people know about msg plus and love messenger.. I can say that it would work out -_-.. Just not that anyone knows great english -_- Lets make a forum? please!!
11-01-2004 09:00 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: New foreign Messenger Plus! forums
1 or 2 people aren't enough to have a support team.

No offense Durex, but to be able to give decent and correct support you need to know a lot about Messenger and Messenger Plus!, so start providing correct support in here first.

Making a foreign forum is asking to trust you blindly with it (as nobody else can read what you write). For all we know, you could be rude to people and telling/suggestion wrong or incomplete things, which is a bad thing for Messenger Plus! as a whole.
(I'm not saying you do though, but this is why not everyone can start a foreign forum)

Patchou must strust the people of the foreign forums with his baby and should be able to sleep well without thinking "Are they giving the correct support?". So, it is not step to be taken lightly.

If you look at the mods/admins on the foreign forums, you'll reconize the most trusted/respected people from this forum there. People that have prooven themself in the past on this English forum and know Messenger Plus! inside-out.

;)

Also, don't forget that people who don't speak English are still welcome here on the English forums, as long as they or someone else provide an translation, so that the helpers can understand what the people are saying.

The point of the foreign forums is that it will be much easier for the people as well for the helpers if they can post directly in their own language without constantly needing to provide a translation. Eg: For the 10 people who only know Hebrew that would come here to ask questions once in a while, you can easly provide a translation for them. It wouldn't be much work and you wouldn't constantly be busy with it.

How do we know that the Spanish, French, Dutch forums will be succesfull? Well, we don't. But if we look at the use of the translations of Messenger Plus!, it seems that there are a lot of people speaking these languages. This also means that there must be a lot of people who could be potentional forumusers.

This post was edited on 11-01-2004 at 09:37 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-01-2004 09:26 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
Side-note: in two weeks the Hispanic Board has reached 290 members.

The board can be successful if it's good advertised (in local Messenger websites and in important sources like mess.be, like we did).

But first of all you have to be able to create it. And I can't keep from agreeing with Cookie's post (Y).

It's also very important you have a vast experience on this board because you will be able to take important decisions and to be able to act consequently as admin of a community. It's not only freedom and ownership. It's like having a store and having to handle with costumers. The better your behaviour is, the better the quality of the board. If you spam, people will spam, if you keep helping with quality, people will feel amazed about your board.

One could write a book on how to lead a good book (that one is not me, of course :refuck:)
11-01-2004 10:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: