What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Taking message history over network?

Taking message history over network?
Author: Message:
verbatim03

O.P. Taking message history over network?
Recently I've been getting onto my roomates laptop when he would leave and I would copy his msn message history logs to my hard drive through the network. 
After he reinstalled windows he put a bios password on and now I usually cannot get on to take and read his msn logs. Does anyone know of a way that I can get his msn logs from my computer without him knowing about it. We both use XP and he has his C drive shared. By default, the My Documents folder is not shared, this is easily changed but my roomate would spot it if he ever opened up "My Network Places" and see a "My Documents on Laptop" folder showing.

Im really looking for any input, maybe a third party program that would save his logs in two seperate places instead of one. That way I could take them out of a normal shared folder on the C drive. Or maybe there is some way to share the my documents folder without it showing up in my network places. I dont think I am the only one who has ever done this or tried to do it, so let me know how to do it.
11-01-2004 02:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Taking message history over network?
This is an invasion of privacy. I hope your roomate sees this. Thre is no way to have MSN save the chatlogs to two different places. I don't think anyone should really help him/her out because of the first statement.

quote:
Originally posted by verbatim03
bios password on
Cough pull out the CMOS battery cough

This post was edited on 11-01-2004 at 02:58 AM by matty.
11-01-2004 02:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
:O why are you reading your room mate's emails? thats absolutely horrible.

If you pull out hte CMOS batery, it loses all the drive config etc., and he'd notice when his passsword isnt there
11-01-2004 03:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
This would also work the other way you know...If he knows you've been reading his logs then he'll use the same method you do to read his.

I dont think plus! or msn will ever make it so you can save it to two different places, thats just stupid. you'd have two copies of all your logs, and if you're on msn a lot then the log space will start adding up.
and only nosey people would need this :dodgy:

why would you read his chat logs anyways? whats it to anyone else waht you say on msn?
11-01-2004 03:43 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by verbatim03
Recently I've been getting onto my roomates laptop when he would leave and I would copy his msn message history logs to my hard drive through the network.

Does anyone know of a way that I can get his msn logs from my computer without him knowing about it.
:|

I'm kinda shocked that you actually posted that... :-/ This forum will not help you commit such a major invasion of privacy.

Thread closed.

This post was edited on 11-01-2004 at 05:24 AM by WDZ.
11-01-2004 05:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: