What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Polygammy: automaticaly sign in with two accounts? Windows XP default and a second...

Polygammy: automaticaly sign in with two accounts? Windows XP default and a second...
Author: Message:
Barisko

O.P. Polygammy: automaticaly sign in with two accounts? Windows XP default and a second...
Hi,

I use two MSN Messenger accounts at the same time using polygammy. Now I was wondering: is it possible to automaticaly start 2 MSN Messenger's at Windows start-up and let them both automaticaly sign-in with the two different accounts?

who knows?

is there a plug-in or command-line thiny to do this?

thanks,
Barikso
11-01-2004 07:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Polygammy: automaticaly sign in with two accounts? Windows XP default and a secon
Starting up two MSN Messengers (with polygamy patch)? Sure, just add another line in the RUN-section of the registry.

But make sure you didn't tick "start automatically when Windows starts" in MSN Messenger. Also make sure that you didn't tick "Force plus to load when windows start up" in Messenger Plus!.

Because of the above, Messenger Plus! may not start up correctly (I needs to be started up before MSN Messenger). So if you also want Messenger Plus! you need to make a startup script in vbscript or something...

In other words, it is possible, but it is more complex* then you might think to let it  all work together.
*It all depends on how much you know about the registry, how Windows starts up, what MsgPlus exactly does when it starts up, the various settings in MSN Messenger and MsgPlus, and/or scripting (eg: vbscript, to make a startup script).

So, first give us more details of what you exactly want (Plus! or not) and what your startup-settings are in MSN Messenger and in Messenger Plus!. And also what RUN-registry entries you already have...

Signing them both in automatically? Nope, not possible, this is a limitation in Windows and/or MSN Messenger.

This post was edited on 11-01-2004 at 08:16 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-01-2004 08:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Barisko

O.P. RE: Polygammy: automaticaly sign in with two accounts? Windows XP default and a second...
thanks!

I allready know how to make Messenger start up 2 times at Windows start-up. That was nog the problem.

My main question was the one about singing them both in automatically... to bad that's a limitation...!

thanks for your reply, I wil keep singing in by manually...

Barisko
11-01-2004 08:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
RE: Polygammy: automaticaly sign in with two accounts? Windows XP default and a secon
Heres a plugin Wouter made, you can find it on the boards Here :)

I hope that will help you:)

Edit: I guess i didnt read automatically, but this could help him out maybe...

This post was edited on 11-02-2004 at 04:12 AM by marissa.
11-02-2004 04:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: