What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » [Bug] Messenger Plus!

[Bug] Messenger Plus!
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Bug] Messenger Plus!
Hey Patchou, ever since I got my laptop I was wanting to test this and today I had a few minutes to do so.

I opened the Plus! preferences window and closed the lid of my laptop. This caused my laptop to hibernate. So once the laptop was off I opened it back up turned it back on and the Plus! preferences will still there (obviously) so I stopped MSN Messenger 7 from signing back in and I had full control of the preferences window although I was not logged in. So I unchecked all the plugins then clicked Apply and it said the normal messages. I decided to go to the POP3 and check that; all the info was still there so I removed the password for it and clicked Apply. The password was gone but something weird happened. Instead of staying at the POP3 Checker screen it went back to the Plugin Screen but POP3 Checker stayed highlighted.

Needless to say I hit ok and logged back into MSN Messenger and surely enough all of the options I had just changed were in fact changed even though I wasn't signed in.

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.40.0112

--------------------------------------------------
Possibly a way to fix this is check to see if the MSN Messenger client is logged in before saving settings... oh well you will figure a way around it, your the expert programmer :P

Matty

This post was edited on 12-19-2004 at 08:58 AM by matty.
12-17-2004 07:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Bug] Messenger Plus!
Blah blah don't double post, yada yada yada, use the edit button... Ok now with that out of the way.

I wanted to bump this thread and also add more information that is why I am posting again.

The preferences panel doesn't even have to be opened. I turned back on my laptop canceled the signin and i could change all of the preferences accept those that require you to be signed in for like the auto accept and so on.
12-19-2004 06:17 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Bug] Messenger Plus!
Isn't this by design? I mean, when you're not signed at the start the options of the default user are being used.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\DefaultConfiguration
nothing wrong in that I think (you can change it to use the "nobody"-options).

Or do you mean the beheviour when you sign out that the options of the last signed in user are still being used, instead of the default user (which can indeed be a "security" risk for POP3 passwords or so)?

This post was edited on 12-19-2004 at 07:24 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-19-2004 07:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Bug] Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Isn't this by design? I mean, when you're not signed at the start the options of the default user are being used.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\DefaultConfiguration
nothing wrong in that I think (you can change it to use the "nobody"-options).

Or do you mean the beheviour when you sign out that the options of the last signed in user are still being used, instead of the default user (which can indeed be a "security" risk for POP3 passwords or so)?
No its not that, my POP3 checker is all loaded so someone can change most of my settings

Edit: Scratch the bug, I just loaded Windows Messenger up without being logged in and apparently my email is loaded as "nobody" as well :S

This post was edited on 12-19-2004 at 10:31 PM by matty.
12-19-2004 10:29 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: