What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Convo flashes orange after being read and minimised

Convo flashes orange after being read and minimised
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Convo flashes orange after being read and minimised
i finish reading a message from a convo i minimise it. then they send another message like a smiley or a short message or something that i can read real quick i go back to the convo read the message quickly then minimise back to what i was doing and the convo on the taskbar still flashs oange as to say i havent read the message but when i go back to it no further message was sent i have to reopen the convo from minimised a few times before it will stay in a non flashing state and often have to leave the convo window open for over a minute to stop the flashing from occuring when i minimise any ideas
11-02-2004 10:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Convo flashes orange after being read and minimised
As far as I can tell "flashing" has nothing todo with Messenger Plus!, you should've posted this in "MSN/Windows Messenger" as this is a MSN Messenger issue.

Also, don't double post your post, this is against the rules...

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
often have to leave the convo window open for over a minute to stop the flashing from occuring when i minimise any ideas
never heared of something similar before... If you can reproduce it, report the "bug" to MSN...
http://messenger.msn.com/help/contactus.aspx

This post was edited on 11-02-2004 at 11:01 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-02-2004 10:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
I'm having the same issue. It's indeed something that has to do with MSN Messenger. Looks like it can't react that quick :/.
11-02-2004 11:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Convo flashes orange after being read and minimised
oh right i couldnt be sure what it was to do with but thanks cookie ill post this on the messenger forum and see if they know why this happens.
11-02-2004 11:25 AM
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
I assume this happens because either it can't react fast enough, as Kryptonate suggested, or they have coded a delay in before it stops flashing. Personally I use alt-tab a lot so if this happens I just alt-tab back to the window and then back to whatever else I was doing, but it is still a pain in various parts of one's anatomy...
11-02-2004 11:28 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
i dunno it seems to be consistant in the time it takes before its ok. if its a short few word message that i can read in seconds and minimise straight away then i get the flashing but if i take longer than a minute to read the message before minimising then its fine so im assuming theres a minimum time that a convo window has to be open before it considers the message to have been read. perhaps this problem can be overcome with plus though. maybe plus could have a feature that enables you to specify how long the convo windows should be left open before it considers the messages read. also they could add a feature where you click an "im reading" button in the convo window that when pressed sends an auto reply of "i am currently rading your messages" to the contact trying to send you messages and that why in this reading moide you receive no more messages in that convo but as soon as you press the button again to exit reading mode all the messages that were sent to you are delivered to you. that way a contact knows when your reading their messages and when your available to read more.
11-02-2004 12:18 PM
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
that happens to be but the lag is only a few seconds

quote:
also they could add a feature where you click an "im reading" button in the convo window that when pressed sends an auto reply of "i am currently rading your messages" to the contact trying to send you messages and that why in this reading moide you receive no more messages in that convo but as soon as you press the button again to exit reading mode all the messages that were sent to you are delivered to you. that way a contact knows when your reading their messages and when your available to read more.

sounds a bit unnatural to me. most msg ain't that long
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
11-02-2004 01:40 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
im a tournament director for cases ladder gaming league. due to the fact that its hard to find a chat room that doesnt use java or something else that not everyone has therefore not everyone can access i find myself hosting my tournaments on msn messenger this means im often in a convo with like 4 plus people most of them type very fast and with having to switch between windows to update the results of each round i end up missing a lot of the conversation text so therefore have to scroll up but then sum1 types and sends and bang im right back at the bottom of convo again having to scroll back up trying to read what ive missed so for me this reading mode is a must have feature.
11-02-2004 02:16 PM
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
quote:
im a tournament director for cases ladder gaming league. due to the fact that its hard to find a chat room that doesnt use java or something else that not everyone has therefore not everyone can access i find myself hosting my tournaments on msn messenger this means im often in a convo with like 4 plus people most of them type very fast and with having to switch between windows to update the results of each round i end up missing a lot of the conversation text so therefore have to scroll up but then sum1 types and sends and bang im right back at the bottom of convo again having to scroll back up trying to read what ive missed so for me this reading mode is a must have feature.
perhaps something like in mIRC (don't know for other clients), when you go up with the slidebar and someone says something it doesn't go down again but the messages still arrive so there's no delay.
11-02-2004 03:13 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
yeah maybe thatd be cool. you see in chat rooms i get constant messages the same but like you said they arrive but you dont get zapped back down to the bottom so i can read all the other messages and catchup at my own speed. so yes either what i suggested or as you said stop the convo from zapping you down to the bottom each time.
11-02-2004 03:23 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: