What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » msgplus + LOP.COM

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
msgplus + LOP.COM
Author: Message:
us8h3sc

O.P. Huh?  msgplus + LOP.COM
I have installed msgplus softaware and together it I received the search bar to my IE and a another search bar to my desktop (this can also be IE modification) , the about 7 shortcuts to my desktop.

I am really pissed off by this, and followed the instructions of LOP.COM to remove the installed search bars and shortcuts.

I also was disapointed to the msgplus sw by this an desided not to use it again ever, nor support it to any of my friends. So I uninstalled the msgplus software. After uninstall I ran the uninstall.exe provided by LOP.COM and the new_uninstall.exe also from LOP.COM.

The shortcuts and IE hijacking still happens, I do not have control to my startpage and the search bars keep coming again and again..

I want to state that I have removed your application using uninstall and I have used the 2 uninstall swīs provided by lop.com. But still I have nmo controll to my computer.

A support is needed. Do not ask stupid questions, all needed info should be above.

us8h3sc

P.S I hope some law would give me possibility to sue you and lop.com, still hijacking my browser(s) and changing my computer setting, EVEN I have removed your software and will ever, ever install it again.(N)
11-04-2004 08:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
RE: msgplus + LOP.COM
sigh... after reading your post, i really want to flame you and not help you since you won't install msgPlus back anyway. But that is so immoral. I suggest you read the the help thread right above this thread for help in removing the sponsor program
Cow juice...
11-04-2004 08:28 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
us8h3sc

O.P. RE: msgplus + LOP.COM
I will follow the instructions provided by patchou later today. Before that I would like to ask a question.

If the sponsorship program is so...letīs quote Patchou " ....is a harmless piece of software that installs a search bar in your Internet Explorer"

btw. It also includes massive amout of links to my favorite, includes shortcuts to my desktop and included second searchbar to my desktop.

back, so if Patchou says that it is harmless piece of software, then why people are complainin or having problems with it and WHY is it not adwericed at the homepage of the msgplus? with screenshots and explanation.

secondly; if it is harmless and nice application, why is it not available for uninstall by add/remove programs in the control panel of Windows.

It seems to me that Patchou, as stated at the download.com and the innercircle around Patchou have something to hide after all...

us8h3sc
11-04-2004 08:42 AM
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
first) screenshots and warnings are given in the installation file
second) it can be uninstalled from add/remove program by uninstalling messenger plus! then follow the given instruction (providing that you didn't damage any component using adware removal program)

for details just read the sticky thread about removal
Cow juice...
11-04-2004 08:49 AM
us8h3sc

And I will follow Patchous instructions later.

Its funny that nowhere it says how Patchou is linked to C2Media which is generating this email flood about Lop.com, based to http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=www.msgplus.net

The C2 media is/was actually the host of www.msgplus.net same lame creator of these searchbars and shortcuts...

Even Patchou is explaining how to remove the promo software, he even could have developed it.... BigBrother is looking for ya....

More still, If Patchou aka Pacxxxxo, Cxxxl tells that he is located in Canada, why is he listed in SxxxMAR, Fxxxx, United States.

What is going on here ?

1) First msgplus gives me this darn adware or spyware.

2) The software cannot be uninstalled, but it reinstall itself again and again.

3) adware is directing to lop.com which is owned by C2 Media Ltd.

4) C2 Media Ltd is/was also host of msgplus.net

5) It seems Patchou linked to all this... I want to get his darn software removed NOW !!!!!

6) Patchous instruction how to remove the spnsor spyware/adware DO NOT WORK! Dont know why but.... It does not.

Why the msgplus being such good software is infected with paracite like adware/spyware, if you Cyril are in need of money to develope this, use donate function or other.. i would be happy to support a clean and nice software... but not tumor like this.

Aaaaaarrrggggghhhhhhh !!!!!

Admin Edit: Please dont double post.

This post was edited on 11-04-2004 at 04:38 PM by wj.
11-04-2004 09:05 AM
Ansette

37 / Male / –
I admit I haven't gone to university yet, but I'm pretty certain that it doesn't take a graduate to notice the 'refuse' option... the sponsor application is completely optional!
11-04-2004 09:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
illuzn

00 Dodge Viper GTS-R

– / Male / –
I don't know about your country but where I come from if you sign a document you are held to have read and understand all terms. This means by accepting the sponser agreement you read and understood all its terms including the following clause:
quote:
C2 AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY
and also:
quote:
C2'S LIABILITY TO YOU WILL NOT EXCEED US$10.00.
Basically means C2 and Patchou is not responsible if your computer blows up... and if it does blow up and statute prevents disclaiming liability you can't get more than US$10.00 back.

In any case, you should realise that Patchou is a human being too, he needs shelter, food and drink as well... as well as hopefully some payment for his time spent programming plus! its only natural that he would implement an ad scheme. Consider yourself lucky that the sponser program is voluntary unlike Kazaa or other programs

Edit:
With regards to a donation program, many sites have tried such a system before, usually what happens 10 loyal users will donate and the rest think "Why donate for something which is free?" in essence they scab off the generosity of others. Patchou would have no guarantee to how much money he could get. At least with an ad sponser he knows how much people install plus with the sponser and can calculate a rough estimate per month

Follow the instructions precisely for uninstalling it. I know it works because I have just tested it with both the beta and the older version. You probably ran some anti-spyware software that buggered up the uninstall permanently

This post was edited on 11-04-2004 at 10:17 AM by illuzn.
[Image: signature.jpg]
11-04-2004 10:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
us8h3sc

Then why it can not be removed ? If it is optional...

So it is optional when it is installed, but when you donīt like it you can not remove it... yep that is optional...
11-04-2004 10:13 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by us8h3sc
Then why it can not be removed ? If it is optional...

So it is optional when it is installed, but when you donīt like it you can not remove it... yep that is optional...
If it's so unremoveable, how come I can completely get rid of it?
I know: by following the instructions!
[Image: spartaafk.png]
11-04-2004 10:29 AM
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
It is perfectly optional. I currently have it installed (installed the latest beta late at night and clicked right through the agreement), and since I no longer use Internet Explorer it doesn't affect me in the slightest. I can, however, be sure that if I went into add/remove programs and followed the instructions given in both the thread you have already been directed to, and my own sponsor removal page then it will be completely gone.

Personally I feel that Patchou deserves my support for writing such a great add-on, not that he'll get much all the time I'm not using IE.

Anyway, stop trolling and just go and uninstall it already, rather than saying you'll "follow his instructions already".
11-04-2004 10:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: