What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Web-Based DP

Web-Based DP
Author: Message:
GiantBrothersWeb

O.P. Web-Based DP
Hi, everyone.  I'm new.  I've searched and searched these forums, but can't find the answer to my question.

Is there a plugin that will allow me to select a DP located online somewhere, so when I change computers between work and home, my DP is the same?
11-05-2004 09:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Web-Based DP
Nope, sorry...Although it would be possible to do. The plugin would have to retrive the image automatically and set it as DP at sign in.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
11-05-2004 10:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
i started something like this ages ago but then i stopped because i didnt think anyone would use it.

I can finish it if it would be of use to you?
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
11-05-2004 10:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
GiantBrothersWeb

O.P. RE: Web-Based DP
There are may plugins that I install thinking they'll be great.  Then I find that I don't even use that functionality very often anyway.  Or it was done a way that was couter-intuitive to what I would have wanted.

You obviously don't need my PERMISSION to finish your plug-in, but I will say that Screenshot Sender is my favorite plug-in so far.  Simple.  Useful.  Powerful.

What I would like to see is a plugin like "Moody" where it opens a library of images.  Except those image are stored online.  I don't know if the plugin could FTP into a specific folder or something.  So I would be responsible for keeping my FTP account full of my DPs.  Then wherever I am it can pull them up for me and I can pick one.

In the meantime, I'm just posting my DPs online and downloading and manually setting one.  It's really not that hard.  So maybe you're right.  Maybe nobody would use it.  But I see all sorts of plugins that most people don't use.
11-06-2004 12:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
banky

Fwee

34 / Male / –
this would be sort of useless cause you would have to have the plugin on every comp that u wanna use it on. So if you try to use it at ur friends and he dont have the pluign installed it wont load the dp cause it does not have the plugin installed.

This post was edited on 11-06-2004 at 01:20 AM by banky.
11-06-2004 12:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: