What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » site ideas

site ideas
Author: Message:
martin

37 / Male / –
O.P. site ideas
hi all, i know its be a long while since i been here but i gots a problem and i was wondern if you guys would be able to help me

if i where to grade myself on my web skills i would probaly give me a C+ on programings skillls (fairly good with html know sum css, learning php/mysql, and would like to learn flash) but on my creative skills i would give me a Z--- becuz i have no imagination.

wut im wanting to do is design a website for a local radio station that currently doesn't have one. when it did, it was crap. but this station isn't like must others, its non-corporate, atteched is an article i found about the station.

my question is would anybody be able to give me ideas on how to design a site for them and wut should be included and ext. or you could be really nice and design one for me and ill be sure you recieve all credit on the design/layout.

there current site is at http://www.fly927.com/

thx in advance

.txt File Attachment: fly.txt (4.16 KB)
This file has been downloaded 203 time(s).

This post was edited on 11-06-2004 at 03:13 AM by martin.
11-06-2004 02:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
surfichris
Former Admin

RE: site ideas
What should be included and excluded is up to them, they're going to be your clients and its their choice.

I don't think someone is going to design it for you, but we should be able to help you..

Associated with radio stations are often radio/power transmission towers (the big ones you see), and things like a little building/house on the corner of a road with some antena's on top. If you're going to do a logo then i'd suggest trying to design one of these - even pixel art could look cool.

I'd probably go for a fixed width layout (so you know that images will look the same on every resolution), include a header image (the logo) which spans accross the fixed width, then a menu below that and the content below that.

Things like simple gradients and greys etc make things look a whole lot more professional, such as the Messenger Plus! website..
11-06-2004 02:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
the site is too plain, you need a theme and stick it on each page. For example msgPlus has this "bluish underwater" feel to it. Try to think of a theme. Right now, it's too plain. (i like the "enter site" page though)
Cow juice...
11-06-2004 03:04 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
martin

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: site ideas
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
What should be included and excluded is up to them, they're going to be your clients and its their choice.
i have no problem with the content, its how it should look im having problems with.  im not sure the radio tower thing would really fit in, since the station is noncorperate, but your i like your tips on the grafic part.
quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
the site is too plain, you need a theme and stick it on each page. For example msgPlus has this "bluish underwater" feel to it. Try to think of a theme. Right now, it's too plain. (i like the "enter site" page though)
i had nothing to do with your current site, thats why im gonna try and design one for them cuz i dont like it or there last one. and a themes is wut im kind of asking for here.

and i forget to attach the article, edited into the first post
11-06-2004 03:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
surfichris
Former Admin

quote:
Originally posted by martin
i have no problem with the content, its how it should look im having problems with.  im not sure the radio tower thing would really fit in, since the station is noncorperate, but your i like your tips on the grafic part.
Even still, you should be communicating with them. Draw up some rough mock-up sketches on paper and show them.

How I actually do client/design work is that first we develop a serries of rough sketches/images either by hand or in a graphics program. We take it to the client along with a sheet which has sets of colour schemes we have port together and things like logo prototypes. After its discussed further its usually worked out pretty much how the site is going to look and its then a prototype of the site is developed in a graphics program (not html yet!) shown to the client, then we start splitting the image up and doing the HTML/CSS for the site, then content.

The pixel art to me could be a really cool approach to it, especially having the radio station on the corner of a road, and giving the whole thing a bit of a cartoonish look.
11-06-2004 03:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: