What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Handwriting on a tablet... I wish

Handwriting on a tablet... I wish
Author: Message:
Rapatski

O.P. Handwriting on a tablet... I wish
Hey,

I downloaded the plugin because I thought it would be fantastic to use with my drawing tablet.

It works great! ... but not with my tablet. Drawing with my mouse goes pretty much like it should, but when I use my tablet some weird things happen.

As soon as I finish writing my first character and lift my pen the pointer has relocated itself in the top left corner of my screen and opened a menu like you would get when you right-click on the desktop. When I then try to continue writing it seems to operate on a different level, drawing selection rectangles on the desktop, even when I start again with my pen at the drawing box.

I tried a lot: every setting in the tablet-program; relative/absolute pointing, some settings in my mouse-program that could be disruptive, ...closing any of those 2 programs... My mouse is in the docking station so can't be disrupting. The tablet, though not of a very respectable brand, has never displayed any malfunctioning and still does not in other programs.

Really disappointing. I've searched the forum for similar problems, but haven't seen any. Emailing to the emailaddress given in the sticky thread has no effect either because his emailbox is full.

Thanks in advance,

Tiemen

Windows SP2
Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard
Logitech MX700 mouse driver version: 9.79
Thrust ?? tablet
11-08-2004 10:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Handwriting on a tablet... I wish
this seems to be a known problem. ive seen others on the forum with this problem. right now, no one is sure what causes it, but it will probably be fixed soon enough.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.