What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Can't log-in. HELP!!!

Can't log-in. HELP!!!
Author: Message:
ya_belka

O.P. Huh?  Can't log-in. HELP!!!
  I just installed Messenger Plus, 'n now I can't log in. Keeps saying that there was a problem connecting me to MSN or somethin'. Also says that the Error Code is0x8100036f. Dunno what to do!!! Please help!
  And when i try to get help by pressing the Troubleshoot button, it says that it can't connect me to help either. :'(

Thank you so much in advance!!!
11-15-2004 01:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
R0cK3TttttT

http://www.soundpacks.tk/

– / Male / –
RE: Can't log-in. HELP!!!
Did You Grant MSGR and MSG+ FIREWALL access to connect to the 'Net??
11-15-2004 01:16 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
First of all try if restarting MSN messenger helps.

If not: open MSN messenger tools > options > connection (tab)... untick the "i use a proxy server" box, then try to sign in.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-15-2004 02:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by R0cK3TttttT
Did You Grant MSGR and MSG+ FIREWALL access to connect to the 'Net??
Plus doesn't require firewall permissions: it just adds to Messenger.
It is true however that Messenger needs firewall permissions, but from the sounds of it it already has them.

So, follow Sunny's advice.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
11-15-2004 06:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ya_belka

O.P. RE: Can't log-in. HELP!!!
Thanks so much to all of u!!! Sunshine, right on! :DI was using a proxi server, didn't know it mattered... Now i can login no problem.
  However, when i do, i do not c any changes to my MSN window. I don't think Plus! is running. And when i press Alt-Ctrl-Delete, only MSN Messenger is showing to run...

What do I do?:^)
11-15-2004 08:05 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Try installing plus! on an account with adminprivledges..to be sure you got the one with full adminpriviledges you can boot into safemode (constantly hitting F8 on reboot, choose safemode in the menu that appears) and choose the account called "administrator".

If that doesn't solve it, you can start up plus! by rightclicking on your clock and choose taskmanager..in the menu "File" (first in the menu from the left) choose new task and browse to where plus is installed (C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3) and doubleclick MsgPlus.exe..if that isn't there plus wasn't installed correctly and you need to reinstall plus on your "normal" account aswell.

Plus! still not showing in your MSN after you restart your comp (no plus! added in the menu of MSN messenger)? Start up plus! as i described above, start up MSN messenger and go to Plus > preferences > general options > miscellanious (tab) and check "force Messenger Plus! to load when computer starts"

Edit: Welcome to the forums :D

This post was edited on 11-15-2004 at 08:45 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-15-2004 08:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ya_belka

O.P. RE: Can't log-in. HELP!!!
  Sunshine! Ur AWESOME!!!
But please forgive me, i feel very stupid. I didn't realize that the only change in the window will be an addition of Plus! feature on the top control panel (and obviously I didn't c it right away...:$) So now i'm fine and happy using all the funky stuff Plus! offeres (love the sound emoticons!!!)

Anyways, thank u so much again! I'm so glad there is someone like u (actually not like u, but U) out there to help the ignorant ones like myself.:bow:
11-16-2004 04:07 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: