What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Permi-(Message history)

Permi-(Message history)
Author: Message:
Xorzo

O.P. Permi-(Message history)
It would be cool to make the message history always in the chat window.  That way I could click escape (or close the window) every time I wanted the window to go away, yet have the conversation still there the next time somebody sends a message.

Options!  Add more options!  Make better graphic options too.  Then you will be closer to taking over the world.

Xorzo.
11-19-2004 07:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Permi-(Message history)
quote:
Originally posted by Xorzo
It would be cool to make the message history always in the chat window.  That way I could click escape (or close the window) every time I wanted the window to go away, yet have the conversation still there the next time somebody sends a message.

Options!  Add more options!  Make better graphic options too.  Then you will be closer to taking over the world.

Xorzo.
You can just go to Plus! > Open Log File in the msn window... that will open up the chat logs of the person that you are spoeaking to...

There are a lot of options already, and Patchou is constantly making more and more, its very graphical aswell, and Messenger Plus is the most popular extension for MSN in the world, its world famous already :S
11-19-2004 08:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
He means that every time you open a conversation window, you see the last few lines that were said in the previous conversation with that person, in the actual conversation window, instead of in a log file. :)

(Trillian does this and it's quite cool(H))
[Image: johnsig02.png]
11-19-2004 10:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
He means that every time you open a conversation window, you see the last few lines that were said in the previous conversation with that person, in the actual conversation window, instead of in a log file. :)

(Trillian does this and it's quite cool(H))

I know what he means, but it wouldn't be very useful, it would just use up your ram like a beast more remembering what it says IMO, I doubt that Patchou would add it, the chat logs are easily accessable.
11-19-2004 10:58 AM
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
Ok, never thought of that. :) If it only showed the last 5 to 10 lines it wouldnt eat that much RAM would it?
[Image: johnsig02.png]
11-19-2004 11:01 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
No, it would use a minimal amount, but it would also have to check back for the last log and such and i believe it is unnesessary :).
11-19-2004 11:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
MSN 7 can do this, i think...
But i disabled it because its kinda annoying... :P
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
11-19-2004 12:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
MSN 7 can do this, i think...
But i disabled it because its kinda annoying... :P

I think that it would definitely be kind of annoying, especially if its something that you don't want your parents to see or something, and they come in and you close the window, then you open the window to speak again, and it says something crude there or something, I don't think that this would be useful at all...
11-19-2004 01:32 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: