What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags

[Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags
Author: Message:
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags
Hey Patchou, here's another suggestion :).

While looking at the contact list when you want to see who's Away or Be Right Back or any of the statuses, if their name is too long then the only thing you see that tells you that they have an away status, is the little icon infront of their name and you can't see what their actual status is unless you widen the contact list.. I find this quite annoying and don't see why microsoft made it like this. Here's an example of what I mean:

[Image: msnaway3.gif]

You can't see if that contact's status is Away, Be Right Back, Out To Lunch or any personal status that they might have, because their name is too long.

If it's possible Patchou, I think it would be a great idea to have the status tags appear like this:

[Image: msnaway4.gif]

I'm sure you can see what I mean and why it would be handy. Instead of putting the status tag all the way at the end of the name where you can't see it if your contact list is too narrow, it should put the status tag against the right side of the contact list shortening the name while doing so, making it a lot easier to see the contact's actual status without widening the contact list. :)
[Image: johnsig02.png]
11-23-2004 11:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: [Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags
THats a good idea, but surely you could just look at the msn Icon to see if they're away, busy etc. ?
11-23-2004 11:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
THats a good idea, but surely you could just look at the msn Icon to see if they're away, busy etc. ?

But by only looking at the icon you cannot see what their actual status is, all you can see is that they have a status, but you can't see if their status is Be Right Back, Away, Out To Lunch or any personal status, the only difference you can see in the icon is if it's an "away" icon or a "busy" icon, but even if it's a "busy" icon you still can't see if they're on Busy or On The Phone or a personal status that they might have. What's the point of having the personal status tags behind the name if you can't see them because their name is too long? (No critisism to Patchou here, I think personal status tags are awesome! :))

This post was edited on 11-23-2004 at 11:15 AM by John.
11-23-2004 11:14 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: [Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
But by only looking at the icon you cannot see what their actual status is, all you can see is that they have a status, but you can't see if their status is Be Right Back, Away, Out To Lunch or any personal status, the only difference you can see in the icon is if it's an "away" icon or a "busy" icon, but even if it's a "busy" icon you still can't see if they're on Busy or On The Phone or a personal status that they might have. What's the point of having the personal status tags behind the name if you can't see them because their name is too long? (No critisism to Patchou here, I think personal status tags are awesome! :))
Good point, couldn't you just right click on the name, I like the idea though..
11-23-2004 11:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags
Yes, you can hover your mouse over the contact in the list to see their full name and status, but I hate having to do that to see their actual status all the time and if my idea was implemented you wouldnt even have to move the mouse to see their actual status.

Here's an idea that Sunshine came up with: placing the status tag anywhere in the custom name :).

For example: <Custom Name> <Status Tag>  - (!N)
                    Jack (Homework) - Jack and Jill went up the hill

<Sunshine> that way you can place the tag whereever you want it
11-23-2004 11:30 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: