What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Mess Patch 7.0.0425

Mess Patch 7.0.0425
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Mess Patch 7.0.0425
today i downloaded mess patch 7.0.0425 i ran the patch but it doesnt do anything. the old 70.0332 patch wont even run with 7.0.0425 installed this new mess patch will run but does not doing any of the patching tasks in the list. i found the  patch on www.mess.be i cant find a forum on there to complain about it so i have posted it here. i think the patch should be removed from the net as it obviously doesnt do what it is supposed to. it is false advertising someone should sue the person who wrote this as they clearly havent tested it to make sure it works prior to distrabuting it.
11-20-2004 09:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
RE: Mess Patch 7.0.0425
Works fine for me... :s are you sure you have the right msn version?
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
11-20-2004 09:10 PM
user35870
Disabled Account

its work fine for me to try downloading it and reinstalling it again
11-20-2004 09:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Mess Patch 7.0.0425
i have tried installing it a few times now and no effect. i am definately using msn 7.0.0425 and running mess patch 7.0.0425 yet it doesnt work. try reinstaling your copys of the patch and remove the "disable nudges" and "remove add contact" options from the list. leaving everything else ticked and it will totally have no effect.

EDIT:

ok i think i have figured out what is wrong. i already had a patch on the removed the search bar, ad bar, multi line nickname and stuff. so if any of the options were ticked that refered to features already enabled by other patches then none of the patching options you choose will be installed. once i unticked the checkboxes of the things i new were already patched it worked fine. however this still indicates that theres a serious bug in mess patch for this to be happening and that bug needs to be fixed. sorry for the trouble gys.

This post was edited on 11-20-2004 at 10:00 PM by stuartbennett.
11-20-2004 09:52 PM
The One

I am the Alpha and the Omega.

34 / Male / –
Meh, just use the Mess Patch as your only patch.  That works.
-B.
11-21-2004 01:56 AM
Fergy

36 / Male / Flag
That patch was dodgy

I have it working now, but before when i used it on 7.0.0425, it reset it back to 7.0.0332, and the inbuilt MSN downloader would download the file, but not run it (I tried 3 times) so i had to download it again from the web.

Stuart have a copy of the MSN Messenger 7 installer file handy, then play around with some of the features within the patch, because some of the patches contradict each other (yeah its not actually a patch, but a file full of patches)

Dont have a go at mess.be, everyone makes mistakes.

EDIT
Oops, you fixed it allready, but yeah, that "patch" needs to br revised and re-released

This post was edited on 11-26-2004 at 06:22 PM by Fergy.
I should change my sig ay?
11-26-2004 06:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i cant find a forum on there to complain about it so i have posted it here.
http://forum.mess.be
11-26-2004 06:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Mess Patch 7.0.0425
quote:
Originally posted by Fergy
That patch was dodgy

I have it working now, but before when i used it on 7.0.0425, it reset it back to 7.0.0332, and the inbuilt MSN downloader would download the file, but not run it (I tried 3 times) so i had to download it again from the web.

Stuart have a copy of the MSN Messenger 7 installer file handy, then play around with some of the features within the patch, because some of the patches contradict each other (yeah its not actually a patch, but a file full of patches)

Dont have a go at mess.be, everyone makes mistakes.

EDIT
Oops, you fixed it allready, but yeah, that "patch" needs to br revised and re-released

thanks fergy. i have a copy of the 7.0.0332 and 7.0.0425 installers handy and yes i did play about with it for a while. i honestly dont know what was wrong with it. i understand its a installer for multiple patches as you have to tick which patches to install. its like ms office 2003 cd1 you got like 8 applications on 1 cd all installed under 1 installer. i agree this patch needs to be revised and re-released. i dont mean to have a go at mess.be it isnbt there fault entirely. i was angry and didnt think the patch worked at all im happiuer now i know that it works as long as u dont try to patch things that are already patched. but still i feel that mess.be should test these patches to make sure they do what they are supposed to prior to putting them on their site. and users should be able to give a quality rating on the product like i can quality rate other members of this forum like im rated -5 right now so many people think im a bad member if i was a download they wouyld avoid me like the plague.

quote:
Originally posted by madman66
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i cant find a forum on there to complain about it so i have posted it here.
http://forum.mess.be
i clicked this link but got a "page not found" error. i am sure it probably exists however the proxy server i was using to access sites like that is buggered whenever i enable the proxy i cant browse the internet at all. i can still receive mail and yahoo messenger works but msn messenger and websites no longer work when i use my proxy besides this forum isnt listed on the mess.be site

This post was edited on 11-26-2004 at 06:45 PM by stuartbennett.
11-26-2004 06:40 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: