What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » being blocked

being blocked
Author: Message:
bogwog

O.P. being blocked
is there any way that i can check if one of my contacts has blocked me
11-21-2004 10:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
RE: being blocked
He most likely means in MSN. But there is no way to check if someone blocked you. For further information please take a look at Block checkers DO NOT work.
Also, this is the wrong forum if you mean like 'checking who blocked me' as in MSN Messenger.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
11-21-2004 10:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
bogwog, there is one way to check, but you need to have Plus! installed, and the Plug-In called "StuffPlug-NG".  After some testing though, Guillaume and myself realized that with msn messenger, you dont get a toast pop-up when  "blocked " contact signs online, and without that the idea was useless.  Here is the thread if you are interested....

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=31...d=308464#pid308464
11-22-2004 01:24 AM
Cromp

The Sh*t has really hit the fan

the point of stuff-plug i think. is that you get a pop up when they block or delete you. not everytime they come on, just once when they actually do the dirty, and hit the block button.
11-22-2004 01:40 PM
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
Block checkers DO work unless the user you are trying to see if he has "blocked" you, has enabled the "All Others" thingy in the options, privacy tab then they wont work.
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
11-22-2004 02:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
Block checkers DO work unless the user you are trying to see if he has "blocked" you, has enabled the "All Others" thingy in the options, privacy tab then they wont work.
erm... and since you can not know that, they do NOT work...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-22-2004 06:11 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Cromp

the point of stuff-plug i think. is that you get a pop up when they block or delete you
StuffPlug-NG doesn't alert when someone blocks you, only when they delete you. And this is only due to the fact that the client is already informed when someone has you on their contact list anyway...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
11-22-2004 06:38 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
the point of stuff-plug i think. is that you get a pop up when they block or delete you. not everytime they come on, just once when they actually do the dirty, and hit the block button.
No, the point of StuffPlug-NG for this is it tells you when someone opens a conversation window with you.  But since the person that blocked you wont see a toast pop up of you signing online, it is highly unlikely that they will. 

I have emailed Microsoft accouple times asking them about why they dont have a toast pop up for blocked users, and they emailed me back basically saying its a great idea and they'll try to put it into the next version.  Now if they really ment that , is a totally different thing.  they could just be lying.... :dodgy:
11-22-2004 11:22 PM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
quote:
No, the point of StuffPlug-NG for this is it tells you when someone opens a conversation window with you.  But since the person that blocked you wont see a toast pop up of you signing online, it is highly unlikely that they will. 

I have emailed Microsoft accouple times asking them about why they dont have a toast pop up for blocked users, and they emailed me back basically saying its a great idea and they'll try to put it into the next version.  Now if they really ment that , is a totally different thing.  they could just be lying.... :dodgy:

If you were at one of the MSN 7 beta chats, you would have seen that the all the experts replied, "In the Next version." I told them I expected MSN 8 to be incredible. Their just telling you that they are considering the idea. They may or may not implement it.
[Image: 7.png]
11-23-2004 01:37 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: