What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Request-Idea-Pictures in toast

Request-Idea-Pictures in toast
Author: Message:
bungleMX

O.P. Request-Idea-Pictures in toast
it is possible for someone to make a plugin that put a picture as a background inside a toast? like a photo in the caller ID on some cellphones, but in the toast of MSN it is a good Idea for a plugin or maybe to patchou as a feature on PLUS next realase.

:D

This post was edited on 11-23-2004 at 06:38 PM by bungleMX.
11-23-2004 06:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
RE: Request-Idea
I think he wants a different picture inside the pop-up besides the default blue-ish one.
Registered 7656 days, 10 hours, 34 minutes, 20 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

11-23-2004 06:33 PM
Caboose

35 / Male / –
RE: Request-Idea
I think he means a custom background for MSN Messenger toast popups. This would be a cool feature, but you may not be able to see the writing depending on the background.

[EDIT]: Damn, beat me to it :P

This post was edited on 11-23-2004 at 06:34 PM by Caboose.
11-23-2004 06:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
bungleMX

O.P. RE: RE: Request-Idea
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
quote:
Originally posted by bungleMX
it is possible for someone to make a plugin that put a picture as a background inside a toast? like a photo in the caller ID on some cellphones, but in the toast of MSN it is a good Idea for a plugin or maybe to patchou as a feature on PLUS next realase.

Erm... could you try to rephrase that in proper english?
I'm having a really hard time trying to understand what you are trying to say...

HI TheBlasphemer is create talk with you, sorry for my english,
My idea is just insert pictures inside the toats insted of the blue color, to see the picture i want in the toast when the contact signs in. Like a phone caller ID

again sorry for my english.
11-23-2004 06:35 PM
bungleMX

O.P. Wink  RE: Request-Idea
yeah that's it, and no matter the text of the toast if you can have a picture instead ;)
11-23-2004 06:37 PM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: Request-Idea-Pictures in toast
if i understood correctly he wants a different toast background per user where the background color/picture can be set in the plugins config menu
11-23-2004 06:47 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
You can get a skin for messenger to change the toast design.
And on MSN Messenger 7 the colour of toast changes depending on the colour of a convosation window.

By caller ID do you mean i different picture for each contact.
If you do then MSN Messenger 7 also displays your contacts display picture in the toast pop up.
11-23-2004 06:48 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by madman66
You can get a skin for messenger to change the toast design.
And on MSN Messenger 7 the colour of toast changes depending on the colour of a convosation window.

By caller ID do you mean i different picture for each contact.
If you do then MSN Messenger 7 also displays your contacts display picture in the toast pop up.

Correct... But, since MSN 7 is only Beta yet, problery most ppl will not use it yet...

quote:
Originally posted by bungleMX

I see your idea, and think it is a great idea... But since MSN 7 is on it's way, and it sort of supports your idea it will properly not be made to MSN 6.xx... I don't think many programmers wants to do such effort in doing this if it will soon be "worthless"...
Ok, so the MSN 7 way of doing it is by using their DP... this is not the same as you request, but we will have to check out how it works on MSN 7, and maybe we can "hijack" the way it shows their DP's and use your own custom picture to show... I don't know, only time will show... :D...
11-23-2004 07:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
bungleMX

O.P. RE: RE: Request-Idea-Pictures in toast
quote:

I see your idea, and think it is a great idea... But since MSN 7 is on it's way, and it sort of supports your idea it will properly not be made to MSN 6.xx... I don't think many programmers wants to do such effort in doing this if it will soon be "worthless"...
Ok, so the MSN 7 way of doing it is by using their DP... this is not the same as you request, but we will have to check out how it works on MSN 7, and maybe we can "hijack" the way it shows their DP's and use your own custom picture to show... I don't know, only time will show... :D...

Yeah that will be good using us own custom picture and using full size of toast could be cool..

About using skins, I don't like it a lot, but there isn't a gif only for the toasts?

And again very very sorry for my English!
11-23-2004 07:40 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: