What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » BitTorrent HELP

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
BitTorrent HELP
Author: Message:
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
RE: BitTorrent HELP
Too many fake and corrupt files get mixed in when using kazaa... 8-)

shareaza is better :P
11-24-2004 07:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
O.P. RE: BitTorrent HELP
shareaza is very nice but i cant seem to be able to control the upload bandwith so i really like eMule.. A mule is very slow but it gets you far :-) Same as a donky :-P. Next there will be eCamal.. LoL :-)

11-24-2004 08:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
thc2010

Revenge is a meal best served cold

37 / Male / –
RE: RE: BitTorrent HELP
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
huh... no one mentioned warez, and p2p isnt illegal as far as i know.

and sorry traxor but suggest to download kazaalite K++ is more illegal that the whole thread :lol:

I agree, P2P isnt elegal, its the content ur downlaoding that might be elegal.

Kaza Lite K++ isnt realy good.

Get Shareaza:
- Tab Searching
- G1+G2+ED2K = Super Fast Dowmnlaods
(Shareaza Connects to Bearshare, Lime wire etc.. and gets thie surces.)

- Bitorent Downlaod Compatability and more

[Image: glennlopez.png]
Click the image above to send me a message on MSN messenger via web browser.
11-24-2004 08:45 PM
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
well Shareaza is pretty slow to me -_- its downloading at 2 KB/s

im talking about KB not Kb..

But it is true that it gos through all the servers so it gathers up the most sorces which adds up to faster downloads :-)

Does it get faster as you upload more like in eMule?
11-24-2004 09:01 PM
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
i prefer abc over bittorrent or bittornado. it automatically resumes downloads when you open it again.
11-24-2004 10:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DureX
Does it get faster as you upload more like in eMule?
No, and eMule doesn't get faster iether when you upload more.

The speed doesn't only depend on what kind of network you use, but mostly on the connection speeds of your peers and also the amount of bandwidth you allow for your P2P client.

In general:
Btw, these kind of topics are very... erm.... suspicious/dodgy. No, P2P clients aren't illegal on itself, but don't tell me that everybody in this thread is using it for legal activities.

What we are doing is saying how to use P2P clients, which are the best, etc. all for 1 purpose: to download ILLEGAL material, although this isn't said at loud.

So, forgive for saying, but this thread is VERY dodgy and the word "hypocrites" comes into my mind, tbh....

This post was edited on 11-25-2004 at 03:09 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-25-2004 03:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
you do know that some people use p2p programs just to be nice and save other people some bandwith so they save money :-) NOT EVERYONE USES IT FOR ILLEGAL PURPOSES...

But more like 99.99999999% of the people do.. :-) Oh well lol
11-25-2004 04:15 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
you do know that some people use p2p programs just to be nice and save other people some bandwith so they save money
sorry, but that is a lame excuse. Be nice and save your peer some money? yeah, like: "you don't have to buy it, you can download it illegally here, oh wait, and here is the serial"....

There are much much much better ways if you want to send something to someone you know in a much safer and faster way.

This post was edited on 11-25-2004 at 05:04 PM by CookieRevised.
11-25-2004 04:21 PM
thc2010

Revenge is a meal best served cold

37 / Male / –
RE: RE: BitTorrent HELP
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
you do know that some people use p2p programs just to be nice and save other people some bandwith so they save money
sorry, but that is a lame excuse. Be nice and save your peer some money? yeah, like: "you don't have to buy it, you can download it illegally here, oh wait, and here is the serial"....

There are much much much better ways if you want to send something to someone you know in a much safer and faster way.

P2P networks are NOT illigal, its the CONTENT you downlaod which can be illigal. For example, if I downlaoded Songs my freind Made using a P2P Network like Kazaa or sumthin, it wouldnt be iligal becuz they arnt loosing any money since, they are still in the garage phase of thier band.

But if I downlaoded say like.. uhhh Eminem's Songs or one of those big artists which is part of a Music Industry like Defjam, then yes.. that would be illigal.

P2P is NOT elegal since its a Type of Network Fundamental like: LAN (Local Area Network), WAN (Wide Area Network) etc...

SO making P2P iligal will NOT happen since thats like Making LAN or WAN illigal, and basicly thats like making the internet iligal which is NOT going to happen.

This is the reson why the RIAA are starting to SUe the People who share songs through the internet, becuz your Computer is the server and the people who downlaod off you are the clients. YOu cannot sue Kazaa or any other type of COmpanies, since it says on your LEGAL RIGHTS that you are alloud to host any buisness companies however you like.

BUT I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING! Downlaoding or Pirating HUrts OUR ECONOMY!!! Buy the game if like it. For me I Use P2P software to try out Beta's Unreleased Games and Games that dont have demos so I can try them before buying them, or beta test it to see how it will be like so i can get a better understanding of what the game is like. I DO BUY GAMES that ive downlaoded from a P2P software, and delete Crap games i dont like within 24 HOurs.

--

To Answer Durex's Question "Does it go faster if you let people upload from you like Ed2k"

The answer is yes. Becuause Shareaza can connect to the ED2K network and downlaod from them as if you have emule or all that other ed2k software client/server side softwares.

=============================================
DEFENITION OF P2P
=============================================
This is Straight from my A+ book "A+ Compleate Delux Edition by Sybex".

A network in ehich the computers act as both workstation and server and that has no centralised administration controll
[Image: glennlopez.png]
Click the image above to send me a message on MSN messenger via web browser.
11-25-2004 11:28 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by thc2010
P2P networks are NOT illigal, its the CONTENT you downlaod which can be illigal.
Reread my posts in this thread. You don't have to tell me what is legal and what not. And furthermore, in my last post I didn't say that P2P clients are illegal (as well as in my other posts for that matter)...

quote:
Originally posted by thc2010
To Answer Durex's Question "Does it go faster if you let people upload from you like Ed2k"

The answer is yes. Becuause Shareaza can connect to the ED2K network and downlaod from them as if you have emule or all that other ed2k software client/server side softwares.
The answer is no!!! The connection speed will be the same at all times, this has nothing to do with the queue's. You can upload all you want, your download connection speed will NOT be increased. What may happen is that your place in the download queue will be decreased so that your download will start sooner. But it will NOT be faster....

This post was edited on 11-26-2004 at 12:49 AM by CookieRevised.
11-26-2004 12:45 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: