What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » In need of your encouragement!

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
In need of your encouragement!
Author: Message:
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
O.P. In need of your encouragement!
Well guys (girls inclusive, of course!)...

Some of you might have noticed that I have been less frequently online, and I haven't even got some posts in past month - nothing like what Mnjul would have done before :(

The fact is that I've been studying for the first college entrance exam since July. Well, if you need something to compare with this exam: it's very much like SAT in The States, and takes place on the last two days in January 2005. If I get decent grades (the total score is 75, and "decent" means at least 72 or so) on the exam, I will be able to apply for nice universities - and meanwhile have to begin to study data structure and algorithms, for my "desirable" departments require such (they have a final test on this to admit qualified students). It will be in late April 2005 when all this ends.

What if I don't get decent grades on the "first exam" or fail on the final test on algorithms/data structure? If such thing happens (I honestly hope it doesn't get a slightest chance), I'll have to "continue to study and wait"(this term is widely used among high school students here) for the "second exam", which will take place on the first two days in July 2005. The second exam will be way more difficult, and - even though I want to get in a computer-science-related department, I have to take the second exam on all Chinese, English, Math, Physics and Chemistry.

So what did I mean when I said "studies"? Here I get you a breif of my weekday's daily shedule about school life: I get up around 6:35 am. The classes begins at 8:10 am (occasionally there's a small quiz around 7:40), and with the exception of ten-minute breaks between classes and the one-hour lunch time at noon, I have to "stay seated on my chair" (indeed, not talking abotu PE classes) until 4:50 PM. - wait, it's not over. Then after dinner, my friends and I, just like tens of thousands of high school students here in Taiwan, stay at school to study until like 9 PM or so. Imagine how tiring that would be. And I am such a sui-presser: I give myself much pressure (because I really want to get good grades on the "first exam"!). For instance, I got serious hyperacidity on my last mid-term exam. I even took two doses once yet it didn't help :dodgy:

Oh, too much said...

It's great that, though I am not online as often as I had alreay been before, the forums never got blown up...oh, j/k :p. Our new (almost two months already!) moderator does a fantastic job. With helpers such as Cookie, Choli and (insert your name here) around, Plus! forums make a really promising (as ever) community. It's very likely that I will not be able to join, with all of you, the fina release of Plus! 3.40 and MSN Messenger 7 though...

This may sound a "good bye" post but nah, I am not really leaving - I will still to pay a daily visit, deal with unread reported posts, search for unanswered new posts...etc yet I may not be able to get to be a really big helper from now on. And again I need your support. Studies can often (if not always) get devastating, you know.

I planned to post this on my website but my domain registrar's name server went down, so I turned to post here =p

This post was edited on 11-28-2004 at 06:22 AM by Mnjul.
11-28-2004 06:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
RE: In need of your encouragement!
thats not good news for us :-(.. But school is much more important and i hope you get good grades :-). Good lucky studying and ill miss you ;)
11-28-2004 09:51 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

Get studying, we'll all miss you, but you really should get a decent education and go to uni and stuff ;)
11-28-2004 10:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Good luck with the exams, I hope you pass and do very well. Just set priorities for a while. These forums are nice, but high school is more important. You have my support (y)
11-28-2004 12:13 PM
Vazza

– / Female / –
* Vazza hopes you do well too

I want to give you the last few lines of the poem that my dad wrote for me when I came to Uni (with a minor change)

No matter what the furture holds
Just remember what your told
Follow your dreams and do your best
Then time will put you to the test
So now as you go on your way
With these words I hope will stay
Good Luck, with love, come what may
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7237 days, 18 hours, 44 minutes, 15 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
11-28-2004 12:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
Good luck Mnjul, I really hope you do well. Hope to see you around from time to time...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
11-28-2004 12:58 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Wow Mnjul, those are extremely long days :(
Even though i'll miss you lots i know you gotta do what you gotta do, education is very important. I wish you good luck, don't overstress yourself (that never helped anyone) ;)

Don't forget bout us...i for one won't forget you :)
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-28-2004 01:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
You always get my vote mate! (y)

There's always a lot of stress to do well, and usually people do a lot better than they expect, simply because there is a tendency to "expect the worst".

I hope you get along fine. You're a vital member of our community and it won't be the same without you :)

Rock on dude! :clap:
11-28-2004 01:21 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

37 / Male / –
This reminds me of my gf whom I couldn't see the couple of weeks she had trimestral exams. :(

So, we understand your idleness wround here.
And I personally wish you the best.

I'd have loved to do algorithms in my final exams, but I had to deal with things like literature and foreign languages :(
The only thing slightly related to computers was the 20min oral-test in computing. My best mark among my exams. :P

Well, good luck!! :)
11-28-2004 01:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Omar
Spammin' Member!

I have Chrono in my hands! MWAHAHA!!

47 / Male / Flag
Hang in there man....

This :spam:'s for you.... :P
Comunidad Hispana Oficial del Messenger Plus!  
TReKiE, you might as well face it... you are a dutchie (clogs, tulips and all that) :banana:
11-28-2004 01:50 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: