What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » wish!!

wish!!
Author: Message:
stanleystark

O.P. Roll Eyes  wish!!
since i din't find a feature request section i write here..

i just wanted to request a multi session feature (or plug in) for msn messenger 7..

what i mean by this, is not the usual polygamy patches... i want to have the option of signing in to two passports, have one as main passport and an aditional, but that the contacts apear in just one one window, and that i can separate them by groups if i wanna. this would be great for applications that use you messenger status like hotmail, or some webpages, and for example the sharepoint server on win server 2003.

the other feature is to be able to choose one of the pop addresses to be displayed on the messenger main window instead of the msn today button, so that you have the hotmail button with status and the pop email button with status also (or maybe two, but that would require taking of the hotmail notification)
11-25-2004 06:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: wish!!
Unfortunatly you can't signin to multiple accounts on MSN Messenger itself as the protocol doesn't support this. The only way it can be done is to use polygamy sorry. So neither Plus! or a Plus! plugin or ANY program for that matter of fact can do this unless Microsoft changes the Messenger Protocol to support it which it probably wont.
11-25-2004 07:46 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
So neither Plus! or a Plus! plugin or ANY program for that matter of fact can do this unless Microsoft changes the Messenger Protocol to support it which it probably wont.
i think stuffplug NG has this feature (polygamy) where did i read that? :$
and... what has the messenger protocol to do with it ^o) ?

This post was edited on 11-27-2004 at 10:33 AM by Millenium_edition.
11-25-2004 07:49 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
stanleystark doesnt want polygamy he wants to be able to log onto two accounts with one messenger client.
And the only way that could be done would be with a custom client because it is simpily imposable with the microsoft one.
11-25-2004 07:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vlio

– / Male / –
And no, SPNG doesn't have that feature... Only tabbed convos ;)
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we (GW Bush)

[Image: vlio.png]
11-27-2004 09:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by vlio
And no, SPNG doesn't have that feature... Only tabbed convos ;)

thats where your wrong
there is a feature in the development version of SPNG for MSN7 that has polygamy and it works brilliantly :)
11-27-2004 10:34 AM
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
there is a feature in the development version of SPNG for MSN7 that has polygamy and it works brilliantly :)
quote:
Originally posted by madman66
stanleystark doesnt want polygamy he wants to be able to log onto two accounts with one messenger client.
He wants two accounts in one messenger window, and that's not possible without modding

This post was edited on 11-27-2004 at 12:49 PM by andrey.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
11-27-2004 12:45 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I'm afraid that this is not possible at all, the only ways are these which are stated above i'm afraid, if you don't have enough room for other contacts, you could possibly use: MessengerDiscover; this will allow you have more than 150 contacts if that will help at all, but I must warn you that this conflicts with StuffPlug if you have them both installed, and it may not allow messenger to start, but it depends what features you use for both.
11-27-2004 12:51 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by AndreY
quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
quote:
Originally posted by madman66
He wants two accounts in one messenger window, and that's not possible without modding
of course it's possible... I could do it I think. but i'd need polygamy installed first ;)
11-27-2004 01:07 PM
lepr

37 / Male / –
Is it not possible to use a polygamy code to sign into a 2nd account but without a second GUI? I mean like set an option in the Messenger Plus! preferences to sign into another account, copy the contacts list, then make a new group in the original contacts window with the 2nd account's contacts? Then use a timer to update that group? The only problem i can see with that is for the 2nd account not being shown as online ..that even confuses myself so good luck to anybody trying to make sense of it (Y).
11-28-2004 08:51 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: