What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » My adventure trying to buy a new tv...

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
My adventure trying to buy a new tv...
Author: Message:
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. Dodgy  My adventure trying to buy a new tv...
Ok, last Wednesday I went to Futureshop to try and find a new tv.  I looked around and shopped around at different stores, but finally me (and my mom, who was paying for it [new primary TV]) decided on a Toshiba 27" tv (picture below) that was normally $379.99, but was on sale for $299.99.

[Image: toshiba.gif]
[Image: 10044050X.gif]
(Click to view Toshiba 27A44 27" TV)

We told them we'd come back tommorow (thursday) to pay for/pick it up. They assured us they'd keep 1 in stock for us. They didn't. I wasn't too upset as the next shipment was Saturday. I went in today to pick it up, and I tried to find someone to help me (they just had to ring it through and get someone to load it in my car) but they didn't - they helped other customers (I asked for help and they told me they would when they were done with their customer, but then moved on to another customer instead of me :dodgy:).

While I waited, I even heard a salesman tell a guy who was trying to buy a $1000 TV that it would be obsolete in 10 years and would not be able to view HDTV channels, which all channels would be (which is a blatent lie - HDTV can be viewed on a non-HDTV, but it won't be at a HDTV quality), but to instead buy an EVEN MORE expensive tv. After 45 minutes of waiting around and trying to get help I FINALLY got someone to help me, but then they didn't want to recognise I had a Rain Cheque (I gave it to the guy helping me who then lost the thing :dodgy:). Finally, 1 hour later, I managed to get the TV in my car (we had to take it out of the box bcz it was too big to fit in otherwise :dodgy:) and an hour and a half later we were on our way home (and I was exhausted because I had a long shift at McD's before I went to Futureshop.)

I knew already that the Futureshop's service sucked, but this was the worst I've ever had. I'll re-consider shopping there, though I don't have much choice because Futureshop has far better selection and pricing than any other store here where I live.

PS
The tv is awesome, if anyone's looking for a quality tv that's not too expensive I highly recomend the one I bought :banana: (though don't buy it at Futureshop :refuck:)

This post was edited on 11-29-2004 at 04:24 AM by .blade//.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
11-29-2004 02:05 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
RE: My adventure trying to buy a new tv...
Wow Blade!, nice TV... man you are just getting all kind of new stuff, new TV, new Laptop, you lucky banana :banana:
11-29-2004 02:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: My adventure trying to buy a new tv...
quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
Wow Blade!, nice TV... man you are just getting all kind of new stuff, new TV, new Laptop, you lucky banana :banana:

I'm not getting a new laptop right now - I'm going to pay my car off first :P

And technically it's my mom's TV :P
11-29-2004 02:24 AM
Fraisie
Former Super Mod

Pixie Dust!

42 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blade
Ok, last Wednesday I went to Futureshop to try and find a new tv.  I looked around and shopped around at different stores, but finally me (and my mom, who was paying for it [new primary TV]) decided on a Toshiba 27" tv (picture below) that was normally $379.99, but was on sale for $299.99.

[Image: toshiba.gif]
[Image: 10044050X.gif]
(Click to view Toshiba 27A44 27" TV)

We told them we'd come back tommorow (thursday) to pay for/pick it up. They assured us they'd keep 1 in stock for us. They didn't. I wasn't too upset as the next shipment was Saturday. I went in today to pick it up, and I tried to find someone to help me (they just had to ring it through and get someone to load it in my car) but they didn't - they helped other customers (I asked for help and they told me they would when they were done with their customer, but then moved on to another customer instead of me :dodgy:).

While I waited, I even heard a salesman tell a guy who was trying to buy a $1000 TV that it would be obsolete in 10 years and would not be able to view HDTV channels, which all channels would be (which is a blatent lie - HDTV can be viewed on a non-HDTV, but it won't be at a HDTV quality), but to instead buy an EVEN MORE expensive tv. After 45 minutes of waiting around and trying to get help I FINALLY got someone to help me, but then they didn't want to recognise I had a Rain Cheque (I gave it to the guy helping me who then lost the thing :dodgy:). Finally, 1 hour later, I managed to get the TV in my car (we had to take it out of the box bcz it was too big to fit in otherwise :dodgy:) and an hour and a half later we got him (and I was exhausted because I had a long shift at McD's before I went to Futureshop.)

I knew already that the Futureshop's service sucked, but this was the worst I've ever had. I'll re-consider shopping there, though I don't have much choice because Futureshop has far better selection and pricing than any other store here where I live.

PS
The tv is awesome, if anyone's looking for a quality tv that's not too expensive I highly recomend the one I bought :banana: (though don't buy it at Futureshop :refuck:)

I think it's the tv we bought my parents for Christmas... and we got it at Future Shop... Patchou, is it this one or not ?
So, Fraisie.net is empty atm. I\'m trying to come up with something cool to put on it, and I will!
11-29-2004 03:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
quote:
While I waited, I even heard a salesman tell a guy who was trying to buy a $1000 TV that it would be obsolete in 10 years and would not be able to view HDTV channels, which all channels would be (which is a blatent lie - HDTV can be viewed on a non-HDTV, but it won't be at a HDTV quality), but to instead buy an EVEN MORE expensive tv.

same thing happened in radioshack. My friend was buying a webcam and i came along to just to browse around radioshack and i was looking at the computer cleaning kits and i over hear the  guys say "whats going to be the use of the webcam, msn messenger?" and my friend says yes, and then hes like "well then heres the one for you *hands her a 80/90 dollar camera* this is the only one that works with msn messenger." I turn around and i say "um, this netexx one works fine with msn messenger. i have it at home." and the guys like "um...well...are you sure it does?" i just nod my head at him and he replys with "um...well thats good to know...uh, so will you be purching this today?"

they're all money hungry :dodgy:
nice tv, bad bad service :grin:
11-29-2004 04:13 AM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by marissa
quote:
While I waited, I even heard a salesman tell a guy who was trying to buy a $1000 TV that it would be obsolete in 10 years and would not be able to view HDTV channels, which all channels would be (which is a blatent lie - HDTV can be viewed on a non-HDTV, but it won't be at a HDTV quality), but to instead buy an EVEN MORE expensive tv.

same thing happened in radioshack. My friend was buying a webcam and i came along to just to browse around radioshack and i was looking at the computer cleaning kits and i over hear the  guys say "whats going to be the use of the webcam, msn messenger?" and my friend says yes, and then hes like "well then heres the one for you *hands her a 80/90 dollar camera* this is the only one that works with msn messenger." I turn around and i say "um, this netexx one works fine with msn messenger. i have it at home." and the guys like "um...well...are you sure it does?" i just nod my head at him and he replys with "um...well thats good to know...uh, so will you be purching this today?"

they're all money hungry :dodgy:
nice tv, bad bad service :grin:

LOL! :P I bet you that every webcam they had there was compatible with MSN :P The large majority of cams support MSN :P
11-29-2004 04:44 AM
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
LOL! :P I bet you that every webcam they had there was compatible with MSN :P The large majority of cams support MSN :P
Anything with a driver should be compatible with Messeger :-/.
11-29-2004 05:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
quote:
Anything with a driver should be compatible with Messeger :-/.

Well most, I know at least one (logitech) webcam WITH a driver that doesn't work with MSN.
11-29-2004 08:26 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
I had a similar experience at PC World, when i was getting my new pc, i went to the toilet, came back and my mum said "ive just purchased the 5 year insurance plan, they do a PC healthcheck every year"

The PC healthcheck is a rip off, apparantly "they check every bit of your pc and make sure it is working" my friend had one done and all they did was do a virus check, a spyware check and charged him £40

ps: what a bargain!

This post was edited on 11-29-2004 at 08:41 PM by saralk.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
11-29-2004 08:35 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I really hate it when stuff like this happens, sometimes we've ended up asking for the money back, you do this, and they'll help you immediately trust me ;).
11-29-2004 08:39 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: