What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Hacking??????

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
MSN Hacking??????
Author: Message:
heggi

O.P. MSN Hacking??????
Hi MSN ppl!
My MSN messenger has got hacked. Somebody types sh*t in my sisters name when she is using the msn messenger... the hacker told her friend that she hated her. while they were chatting... nobody gets logged off and nothing is shown on our screen... but he can write whatever he wants in our names while we are having a conversation with another person... how is that possible? how do he do it? and most important HOW DO I STOP HIM???????  please help me!!!
he said he'd stop if she showed him her tits... but that's not a solution to the problem...

Does anybody else have the same problem? is there any fix to this?

i use norton internet security 2004, ad-aware SE, avg 6.0, and spy bot search and destroy... and no program seems to find anything. i thought i was safe... seems not... please help me...

my msn/email is heggi84@hotmail.com
please send me some solution if u know something. i'd be graetful!
11-29-2004 05:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
H_G_R

Are You Drunk????

31 / Male / –
RE: MSN Hacking??????
Did They Send U A File?
[Image: enterpw9dl.gif]
11-29-2004 05:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
does this happen when you talk to a specific person or in every chat ? If this only happens when you talk to one specific person, he may be playing a trick on you, using the !imitate function of MessengerDiscovery with which you can imitate the person you are chattiong to eg. change font, color and name.
I'd say that someone hacked you is rather unlikely :)

This post was edited on 11-29-2004 at 05:56 PM by andrey.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
11-29-2004 05:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
It must be the imitate feature, because you cant have multiple people signed on 1 account at the same time, which I assume is the case from

quote:
nobody gets logged off and nothing is shown on our screen... but he can write whatever he wants in our names while we are having a conversation with another person
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
11-29-2004 06:04 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
To make sure he can't get on the account change the password! You can do so by going to http://www.passport.net/Intl/Default.asp?lc=1043, choose your location <enter> and choose reset password in the column on the right. After doing that don't tell MSN Messenger to remember you..this way nobody can get the password ;)

This post was edited on 11-29-2004 at 06:14 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-29-2004 06:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
After what you've done what Sunshine has told you, block that dweep (and tell your sister to do the same on her account) and he wont be able to do anything anymore.

There is nothing you can do to prevent people from imitating the nickname, nickfont and nickcolor that you use, other then simple blocking them...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-29-2004 06:15 PM
heggi

O.P. RE: MSN Hacking??????
u said: "You can do so by going to http://www.passport.net/Intl/Default.asp?lc=1043, choose your location <enter> and choose reset password in the column on the right After doing that don't tell MSN Messenger to remember you..this way nobody can get the password"

the other guys said: "After what you've done what Sunshine has told you, block that dweep (and tell your sister to do the same on her account) and he wont be able to do anything anymore.

There is nothing you can do to prevent people from imitating the nickname, nickfont and nickcolor that you use, other then simple blocking them..."

sorry guys... i'm a bit of a noob i didn't get it... i couldn't change password but i made a new account for her. how can i block the person doing this if i dont know who he is? i dont know which one it is... are u sure it aint any hacker? just a imitating jerk...
i dont know if he sent her any file... i dont think so... but i cant be 100% sure... but as i said i dont know who he is so i dont know which one who sent any bad files...
11-30-2004 05:33 PM
Major Tom

Hacking is possible, its hard, so you've obviously anoyed smeone real bad...

Change your password mate... :)

And Norton, adaware, etc, isn't going to make a difference mate... ;)
You hacke the account, thats held on a server (by microsoft), not your PC :D
11-30-2004 06:39 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Major Tom
Hacking is possible, its hard, so you've obviously anoyed smeone real bad...
1) Hackers don't need a reason to hack
2) Nobody is hacked here, it is an annoying feature (imitate-feature) of addons like MessengerDiscovery, that's all

quote:
Originally posted by Major Tom
You hacke the account, thats held on a server (by microsoft), not your PC
doesn't make any sense. People can still be "hacked" (although I don't call that hacking) on their PC.

You don't need to make another account. In fact, it is useless. The imitating can still be done by anyone using addons like MessengerDiscovery or StuffPlug-NG...

To reset/change your password
Resetting the password is only to make sure. Mostlikely the guy doesn't know your password at all. But better safe then sorry

* if you would like to do it by answering your secret question:
https://memberservices.passport.net/ppsecure/msrv_resetpw.srf

* if you would like to do it by email:
https://register.passport.net/emailpwdreset.srf

* if you have a payed account and would like to do it by billing info (this is most unlikely though):
https://memberservices.passport.net/ppsecure/MSRV_BillingResetPW.srf

quote:
Originally posted by heggi
how can i block the person doing this if i dont know who he is? i dont know which one it is...
Look at the logs created by MSN Messenger or Messenger Plus!, the email address wil be listed there.

If you didn't log the conversations, but you do have Messenger Plus! installed and the guy is still doing it, then type (!M) into the conversation and you will see the contact's email address.
Or you can simply block him directly by typing /block (!M) into the conversation.*

*Make sure that in Messenger Plus the following is enabled:
Plus! > Preferences > Instant Messages > Command & Tags > Allow the use of commands and tags

quote:
are u sure it aint any hacker? just a imitating jerk...
I'm 99,9999999999% sure. Furthermore the chances that this has been done by sending a file is also very extremely small. The guy only used the annoying (but harmless) imitate feature of the addon MessengerDiscovery.

This post was edited on 11-30-2004 at 09:00 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-30-2004 08:38 PM
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
quote:
Imitate contacts (make it look as if a contact said something)
Heggi make sure your name is actually changing then, look in the msn contact window ;)If they were using imitate they can easily look through the event log for name changes or even the personal contact information for name changes(probably just the suspicious ones).   There is a program i know of out there that can change your contacts msn name but thats the same, a name change, its a code with numbers. You'd have to get sent a file first though, you can look through your processes or your recieved files for an exe, but then again the process would end if you restarted your computer.

quote:
but he can write whatever he wants in our names while we are having a conversation with another person

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
To make sure he can't get on the account change the password! You can do so by going to http://www.passport.net/Intl/Default.asp?lc=1043, choose your location <enter> and choose reset password in the column on the right. After doing that don't tell MSN Messenger to remember you..this way nobody can get the password ;)

Im pretty sure that wont work if he/she got sent the file and is running the exe. He/she is changing WHILE they are talking, not when heggi is offline. It doesnt have anything to do with changing the password, i was doing this in the summer with some of my contacts with a simple program.

Well anyways, i leave you with this heggi, dont except dodgy exe files :p...even if this isnt the problem.

This post was edited on 11-30-2004 at 10:49 PM by marissa.
11-30-2004 10:47 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: