What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Color problems

Color problems
Author: Message:
Boaz

O.P. Color problems
Hey everyone

This might sound stupid but for no apparent reasons, the colors of my desktop got darker, making everything harder to see or read. Everything seems to have gone up a shade or two shades darker, and I tried to increase the contrast but its already at the maximum. whenever i view images, it's very hard for me to see the details. i dnt know whats wrong, i dnt know if its an emulator's fault, but it used to be fine before. now the graphics have gone dark too and i cnt play anymore. i right-clicked on the desktop to properties to fix it up but in vain, i still have that problem.
does anyone know what might be wrong?
12-01-2004 04:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Color problems
Have you checked to see if your monitor's chord is plugged in tightly. Also: Is it possible that your video card became partially dissloged?
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
12-01-2004 05:15 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
It may show that its up all the way, but if you close the "contrast selecter" and then reopen it again by pressing the decrease button it'll show that it's at 0% therefore you can increase it up more. If the contrast doesn't help, maybe you have something that blade has replied with.

this may only work with a computer screen with the + and - buttons on the frame of the screen...For other computer screens it may work, but i dont know.
12-01-2004 05:34 AM
Boaz

O.P. RE: Color problems
blade, I dnt think the monitor's the problem...... what do u mean by the video card became partially dissloged?
and marissa i tried what you suggested, i have those + and - signs but they've been set to the maximum, and if i decrease them, it's worse! thanx ppl anyway
12-01-2004 07:24 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Boaz
blade, I dnt think the monitor's the problem...... what do u mean by the video card became partially dissloged?
and marissa i tried what you suggested, i have those + and - signs but they've been set to the maximum, and if i decrease them, it's worse! thanx ppl anyway

One time my video card came partially out of its PCI slot, shut down the PC, open the case and check that it's tightly in place.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
12-01-2004 07:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Boaz

O.P. RE: Color problems
Thanx blade, i'll try that, hopefully that's the cause for all of this,
do you have any other suggestion in case its gonna fail? im just really desperate.....
12-01-2004 08:24 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: