What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Annoyed by huge Display Pictures?? Well.. I am!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Annoyed by huge Display Pictures?? Well.. I am!
Author: Message:
Loffen

– / Other / –
O.P. Annoyed by huge Display Pictures?? Well.. I am!
Sometime ago, my friends figured there is a thing called "plugins" in the wide world of programming. Yeah! Plugins can be both fun and handy, but also sometimes really annoying.

The plugin called "stuffplugNG" gives the user the nice opportunity to make the display pictures to whatever size they want it to be. This is annoying me soo badly, imagine: you have a 1280 x 1024 screen, and someone got a DP as large as 2048 x 1536...

So, I was wondering if it's possible to resize the DP on my (or whoever else whos annoyed) chatting window. If it is I'll might code a plugin to do so, but i dont got enough time to "play around" in the SDK (or example plugin)..

Thanks alot,
--Loffen (yeah, I'm really annoyed XD..)
12-01-2004 05:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Annoyed by huge Display Pictures?? Well.. I am!
quote:
Originally posted by Loffen
The plugin called "stuffplugNG" gives the user the nice opportunity to make the display pictures to whatever size they want it to be. This is annoying me soo badly, imagine: you have a 1280 x 1024 screen, and someone got a DP as large as 2048 x 1536...

So, I was wondering if it's possible to resize the DP on my (or whoever else whos annoyed) chatting window. If it is I'll might code a plugin to do so, but i dont got enough time to "play around" in the SDK (or example plugin)..

Thanks alot,
--Loffen (yeah, I'm really annoyed XD..)

I agree completely that the plugin is really quite annoying if the pictures are way oversized, but to be honest, we can't really do anything about the proportions of the picture that they choose apart from try and make them change it for you.

I don't think that this is possible, but it might be, However, I'm sure that there may be some conflicts somewhere with the code if you have stuff plug installed....

But there is one thing you could do for now, to the right of the display picture, press the little arrow thats been sitting there :O.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=342510]

.jpg File Attachment: sarcasm.jpg (20.32 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1022 time(s).
12-01-2004 05:22 PM
Loffen

– / Other / –
O.P. RE: Annoyed by huge Display Pictures?? Well.. I am!
quote:
But there is one thing you could do for now, to the right of the display picture, press the little arrow thats been sitting there
I acctually disabled displaypictures XD...

quote:
I don't think that this is possible, but it might be, However, I'm sure that there may be some conflicts somewhere with the code if you have stuff plug installed....
I dont have an annoying plugin installed on my comp.. who u think i am :P

Well... i guess i have to take a closer look into some of the core elements of MsgPlus or maybe Msn Messenger... The author of stuffPlugNG made it big, ill make it small! XD XD XD XD (k.. im overreacting a lill maybe..)

Thanks,
--Loffen

BTW: if you know something, i aprecciate if you posted it here. Thanks again.

This post was edited on 12-01-2004 at 05:44 PM by Loffen.
12-01-2004 05:28 PM
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
Yeah, sure, just go into the "core" elements of msn and msgplus...
It must be so easy, yeah, it might just be coincidence stuffplug is one of the few offering features like this., I'm sure it's pretty simple.
programming isn't difficult, right? just click and play, pfff, who needs a programmer anyway...

This post was edited on 12-01-2004 at 06:38 PM by WDZ.
[Image: theblasp.png]
12-01-2004 06:11 PM
Loffen

– / Other / –
Maybe "Core" was a lill miss. I am so lucky that i learn english at school (yay, schools in norway pwns (sarcastic) ) so my collection of words are not the biggest. Even this post I really consentrate to use words i know ( and retype bad sentences..)

Maybe u replace the "Core" word with the word "Code". Happy??

Programming is just as hard as you make it... I have around 8 years of programming experience (my father is something close to a l33t C++ coder, he helps me alot too...) I admit i have not been really into COM yet (didnt the examples say something about COM??), as i the last 2 years have been into a huge php project. Still I have not faced many impossible things.

--Loffen

Edit: just felt like quoting myself...
quote:
The author of stuffPlugNG made it big, ill make it small!

Edit2: just felt to add some more :P
quote:
XD XD XD XD (k.. im overreacting a lill maybe..)
i guess u know the meaning of the word "overreacting"

Edit3: yay.. i could continue like this forever..

This post was edited on 12-01-2004 at 06:41 PM by WDZ.
12-01-2004 06:25 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
I am making a plug-in with a few friends which will make people's dps default size if you want to enable this. I too are annoyed at people with HUGE dps but it's not The Blasphemers fault far from it it's the stupid idiots who have the massive dps that are to blame.:P
AC3
12-01-2004 07:21 PM
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
I am making a plug-in with a few friends which will make people's dps default size if you want to enable this. I too are annoyed at people with HUGE dps but it's not The Blasphemers fault far from it it's the stupid idiots who have the massive dps that are to blame.:P
Well, yeah, that's at least a nice way to say it...
Let me give you a word of advice though, I've tried doing the DP resizing in MSN6, and I didn't succeed. I'm not trying to boast here, but if I can't do it, I think the only person who will be able to do it is wtbw...
[Image: theblasp.png]
12-01-2004 07:24 PM
Loffen

– / Other / –
quote:
I am making a plug-in with a few friends which will make people's dps default size if you want to enable this. I too are annoyed at people with HUGE dps but it's not The Blasphemers fault far from it it's the stupid idiots who have the massive dps that are to blame.
Finally a post wich is "ontopic" again..

I know whos fault it is... its a nice idea with the bigger dp's, but that my friends dont got the limits, annoys me...

I'll help u if u need some help, else i'll be waiting for the release (and maybe be trying to make some plugin. Still a lill busy with the php project).

----------------------------------------------------

You have done a nice job The Blasphemer, i've seen the plugin in action, it works great. But how was i supposed to guess that The Blasphemer = DJ Mystic??
quote:
rude to everyone who dares to make the slightest comment about StuffPlug-NG.

I respect you for what u did. But already in ur first post u flamed me, instead of saying something helpful, or saying "you won't make it" in a nice way.

Thanks,
--Loffen
12-01-2004 07:38 PM
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
Okay I have said similar things about MsgPlus before on IRC:
If you think you can do better then do better. Noone is stopping you. In Europe, at least, and, at least, for the time being, you cannot patent software, therefore noone can stop you creating what is effectively a copy of SPNG as long as you code it yourself, and don't get the source code some other way.

I can see why you'd blame stupidly sized DPs on SPNG, but remember that wtbwplug was the first to offer the feature.

You could always do as I do: Block contacts using superfluously huge DPs. Probably ask them to remove it first and block if they don't agree. I'm doing the same to contacts using Winks or Nudges on me (Unless I know them to be MSN 7 Beta testers, of course).
12-01-2004 08:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
VuDu

Loffen the solution for your problems: http://messenger.msn.bom/beta

and yes stuffplug is great, but this isn't a perfect world and kids using the plugins are far from being comprehensive too.
so why come here talking crap about the plugin.
and i still don't understand why u're annoyed like u said, if it bothers having contacts on ur list like that, why do u still have them?

stay cool, and avoid
[Image: sig1.gif]
Ad decus et ad libertatem nati sumus
Aut haec teneamus aut cum dignitate moriamur
12-03-2004 10:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites