What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Messenger 5.1.0639

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Windows Messenger 5.1.0639
Author: Message:
ChrisTorng

– / Male / –
O.P. Windows Messenger 5.1.0639
Windows Messenger 5.1.0639 released. Currently only available in English. No visually changed found. (Maybe in Tools- Options - Preferences - Block alerts and set status to "Busy" when running full-screen programs) The page said:

Windows Messenger 5.1 has been updated with changes in the following areas:
  • Improvements in file transfer functionality for users with multiple network connections (such as configurations involving both wired and wireless network connections or users of VPN connections).
  • Improvements in Tablet PC and laptop support. Specifically, this includes improved support for ink as well as improved performance when using power saving features in portable computers such as standby or hibernation.
  • Improvements to presence integration with applications, including better presence integration when applications are in full-screen mode (to avoid unwelcome IM interruptions) and also quicker refresh of presence information in applications such as Microsoft Outlook or Windows SharePoint services.
  • Improvements to the sign-in process, enabling a quicker sign in.
ChrisTorng Style MessageLog V2.1 released! (English)
Ink Creator to edit/save/resend ink (handwriting) message (English)
ChrisTorng English homepage
12-02-2004 02:28 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ChiefWahoo

RE: Windows Messenger 5.1.0639
... and MSN Plus 3.25.106 is not fully compatible.
Just noticed that customized away and loggin is not working anymore.

Anybody else experiencing the same problems?
12-04-2004 12:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
I believe there are some problems with Plugin interface too. Mailing Patchou...
12-04-2004 05:51 AM
ChrisTorng

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Windows Messenger 5.1.0639
Other language with the same version was out too in the same download page. The English version date is updated too, but don't know why.
ChrisTorng Style MessageLog V2.1 released! (English)
Ink Creator to edit/save/resend ink (handwriting) message (English)
ChrisTorng English homepage
12-16-2004 03:21 AM
ChiefWahoo

Any news on this one? Can we expect a working msplus version in the future or its better if we give up our hopes?

Thank you.
01-23-2005 09:34 PM
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
With the Messenger Service network trouble on Sunday, i tried using Windows Messenger thinking maybe it'll connect (coz on a forum somewhere someone said he got Windows Messenger to connect when MSN Messenger couldn't) Well anyway, i downloaded Windows Messenger 5.1 and installed it, only to find that it couldn't connect. Once the Messeneger Servers were working again and i got MSN Messenger to sign-in i uninstalled Windows Messenger 5.1 (i don't particularly like using it. I've found file transfer don't work in Windows Messenenger as well as other features that are in MSN Messenger but not in Windows Messeneger).

However, now whenever i open a conversation window for MSN Messenger, or when someone opens one with me, i get a Windows Installer window that says Windows Messenger 5.1 is trying to install. When i click cancel, it cancels, only to open another one. I have to cancel this a few times before it doesn't reappear and allows the MSN Messenger conversation window to open. (See Attachment)

This is very irritating. does anyone know why this is happening, and how i can stop it from happening?

Please any help is greatly appreciated.

RileyM

.jpg File Attachment: Windows Messenger installer.jpg (50.41 KB)
This file has been downloaded 177 time(s).

This post was edited on 01-26-2005 at 06:43 PM by Salem.
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
01-26-2005 06:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

Aw cool, For some reason, I prefer windows messenger to msn 7, but I like the custom emotes/display pictures that are with msn...

I probably like it because its different...

thanks for the info btw ;) (y).
01-26-2005 06:25 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
I like it as it is nostalgic. It reminds me of my first msn...msn 4. :P With the sounds/gui ect.

This post was edited on 01-26-2005 at 06:30 PM by _Humphreys.
AC3
01-26-2005 06:30 PM
ChiefWahoo

RE: RE: Windows Messenger 5.1.0639
quote:
Originally posted by RileyM
With the Messenger Service network trouble on Sunday, i tried using Windows Messenger thinking maybe it'll connect (coz on a forum somewhere someone said he got Windows Messenger to connect when MSN Messenger couldn't) Well anyway, i downloaded Windows Messenger 5.1 and installed it, only to find that it couldn't connect. Once the Messeneger Servers were working again and i got MSN Messenger to sign-in i uninstalled Windows Messenger 5.1 (i don't particularly like using it. I've found file transfer don't work in Windows Messenenger as well as other features that are in MSN Messenger but not in Windows Messeneger).

However, now whenever i open a conversation window for MSN Messenger, or when someone opens one with me, i get a Windows Installer window that says Windows Messenger 5.1 is trying to install. When i click cancel, it cancels, only to open another one. I have to cancel this a few times before it doesn't reappear and allows the MSN Messenger conversation window to open. (See Attachment)

This is very irritating. does anyone know why this is happening, and how i can stop it from happening?

RileyM

Try deleting the msi installer inside the windows messenger folder.
Please any help is greatly appreciated.
01-26-2005 09:23 PM
J.J

R.I.P Myles. Missing you.

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ChiefWahoo
Originally posted by RileyM

I have the same problem...so i just went back to windows messenger 5.0
[Image: bluesig5rz.png]
Previously known as \'lappin\' and \'Third Dimension\'

Damo says (12:00 AM):
-pictures harry potter naked-
01-27-2005 01:37 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend