What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Messenger 5.1.0639

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Windows Messenger 5.1.0639
Author: Message:
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Messenger 5.1.0639
quote:
Originally posted by lappin
quote:
Originally posted by ChiefWahoo
Originally posted by RileyM
With the Messenger Service network trouble on Sunday, i tried using Windows Messenger thinking maybe it'll connect (coz on a forum somewhere someone said he got Windows Messenger to connect when MSN Messenger couldn't) Well anyway, i downloaded Windows Messenger 5.1 and installed it, only to find that it couldn't connect. Once the Messeneger Servers were working again and i got MSN Messenger to sign-in i uninstalled Windows Messenger 5.1 (i don't particularly like using it. I've found file transfer don't work in Windows Messenenger as well as other features that are in MSN Messenger but not in Windows Messeneger).

However, now whenever i open a conversation window for MSN Messenger, or when someone opens one with me, i get a Windows Installer window that says Windows Messenger 5.1 is trying to install. When i click cancel, it cancels, only to open another one. I have to cancel this a few times before it doesn't reappear and allows the MSN Messenger conversation window to open. (See Attachment)

This is very irritating. does anyone know why this is happening, and how i can stop it from happening?

I have the same problem...so i just went back to windows messenger 5.0

I didn't have Windows Messenger 5.0, i just had the one that come with Windows Xp, version 4.7 i think it is. But i even had that one uninstalled under the Add/Remove Window Components.

RileyM
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
01-27-2005 10:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Windows Messenger 5.1.0639
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RileyM
With the Messenger Service network trouble on Sunday, i tried using Windows Messenger thinking maybe it'll connect (coz on a forum somewhere someone said he got Windows Messenger to connect when MSN Messenger couldn't) Well anyway, i downloaded Windows Messenger 5.1 and installed it, only to find that it couldn't connect. Once the Messeneger Servers were working again and i got MSN Messenger to sign-in i uninstalled Windows Messenger 5.1 (i don't particularly like using it. I've found file transfer don't work in Windows Messenenger as well as other features that are in MSN Messenger but not in Windows Messeneger).

However, now whenever i open a conversation window for MSN Messenger, or when someone opens one with me, i get a Windows Installer window that says Windows Messenger 5.1 is trying to install. When i click cancel, it cancels, only to open another one. I have to cancel this a few times before it doesn't reappear and allows the MSN Messenger conversation window to open. (See Attachment)

This is very irritating. does anyone know why this is happening, and how i can stop it from happening?

RileyM

Try deleting the msi installer inside the windows messenger folder.
Please any help is greatly appreciated.

Where is the Windows Messenger folder where i will fin the MSI installer file?

RileyM
Was i Helpful?[/url]
01-27-2005 02:04 PM
ChiefWahoo

RE: Windows Messenger 5.1.0639
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\

You will see a windows messenger folder, look in there.
01-27-2005 02:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Messenger 5.1.0639
quote:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\

You will see a windows messenger folder, look in there.

Sorry, no luck. There is no Windows Messenger folder in their only a MSN Messeneger 7.0.0425 folder

Any other ideas?

RileyM
Was i Helpful?[/url]
01-27-2005 02:44 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites