What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » some suggestions (or requests)

some suggestions (or requests)
Author: Message:
mp3sk8er

O.P. some suggestions (or requests)
if you have a contact on the desktop, the chat window should minimize to the desktop contact button. then it should blink when there is a message, just like in the taskbar.

if a contact is displayed on the desktop, double clicking it should act as if you were double clicking the name in the messenger window. i.e. if the user is online, it should start a convo (it currently does that). if a user is offline and has mobile enabled, it should open up the text message window. if the user is offline and there is no mobile # set, it should open up a new e-mail. the "leave a message to contact" should not be default for offline contacts.
12-03-2004 07:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fergy

36 / Male / Flag
RE: some suggestions (or requests)
It's an allright idea.
What I'd rather is that you could set a point where the contacts can start and list, for example on a title bar, alligning it to the [ _ ] [ X ] buttons

Mozilla firefox          [ Contact 1 ] [ Contact 2 ] [ Contact 3 ] [ Contact 4 ] [ _ ] [ X ]

to:

Mozilla firefox                             [ Contact 1 ] [ Contact 2 ] [ Contact 3 ] [ _ ] [ X ]

When Contact 4 goes offline

PS: Dont double post ;)

This post was edited on 12-22-2004 at 05:32 AM by Fergy.
I should change my sig ay?
12-22-2004 05:30 AM
mp3sk8er

O.P. RE: some suggestions (or requests)
i was only double posting to bump the idea back up to the top :)

i like that idea too. there are so many improvements that could be made to the desktop contacts. i would love to eliminate the need to open up the messenger contact window for good.
12-22-2004 07:45 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mp3sk8er
i like that idea too. there are so many improvements that could be made to the desktop contacts.
Many "improvements" are not actually improvements for many people. eg the suggestion from Fergy: why would that be an improvement? many will/can find this more irritating then anything else. Not only that, it is a very limiting "feature": 2 or 3 contacts and your titlebar will be full. Furthermore, think about clicking on it, also a titlebar is not the place for such things, etc... etc... If you want your contacts in view all the time then simply set your desktop contact on top, that's why the option is there.

quote:
Originally posted by mp3sk8er
i would love to eliminate the need to open up the messenger contact window for good.
That is not and never will be the purpose of the desktop contacts. Messenger Plus!, nor it's dekstop contacts feature is not meant to replace the contact list; it is not a messenger client.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-22-2004 08:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mp3sk8er

while some people may think that the msn contact window is still useful, i'd like to see an option to do the things i suggested. that way, i could turn it on, and others could turn it off.

messenger plus is not supposed to be a lite program, so why would we limit it's capabilities? i think these little features that i'm suggesting would make plus almost perfect, and i'd love to see them implemented in an upcoming version if possible
12-24-2004 11:16 PM
Birdo

36 / Male / –
hey ,  before and during login u can set ur status, not i am wondering, will personalised status's be added to this selection??

i think it would be a good thing to have, hope tyo see it added to plus in the future
12-26-2004 03:24 AM
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: some suggestions (or requests)
quote:
Originally posted by Birdo
hey ,  before and during login u can set ur status, not i am wondering, will personalised status's be added to this selection??

i can see your point but ppl whos msn signs in in 3-5secs will struggle 2 get in a new status...
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

12-30-2004 07:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Birdo

36 / Male / –
yeh but, u can select the status before u tell it to begin singin in, i believe it would be a very good feature
01-01-2005 05:29 AM
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
the floating contacts are supposed to be for your VIP contacts so that it is easy for you to start a convo anytime or check their status. they are not a replacement for the main contact list, you don't load them up with everything
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
01-01-2005 03:33 PM
mp3sk8er

you may use it for vip contacts only, but what about someone like me who uses it for every contact? i want to be able to 'send message to mobile device', 'send e-mail', 'set come back message', and 'start conversation' from a right-click context menu on the desktop contact.

i can understand why others do not want the same features as me. but i bet there are enough people that do... enough to make the feature possible.

if you don't see it as useful, then don't use it or disable it
01-01-2005 07:40 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: