What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help »

Author: Message:
Lightning

O.P. Roll Eyes 
Hi

Under "message Helpers" --> "Quick Icons" there is a cool feature which makes the Icon/Smiley panel appear when I type the left parenthesis "(".

[x] Display the panel when a parenthesis is typed.

It works great if your custom smileys have names like "(Bad)" or whatever. As soon as you want to write something in brackets though which is not a custom smiley the quick panel opens up as well (which is a bit of a pain).

To cut a long story short, I want the quick panel to open when I type the "§" character. All my custom smileys start with this symbol...

Since I don't want to switch this feature off, is there a way to change the trigger from a parenthesis to "§"? Is there a registry tweak somewhere.

If not, Patchou, could you make the character variable either over an option or over a reqistry setting. That would be really great!

Thanks!
12-03-2004 01:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
You can currently not overwrite the default (, but you can enter an additional shortcut. Go to Plus! > Preferences > Message Helpers > Quick Icons and enter a Instant display shortcut :)
12-03-2004 02:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
Also, if you are a fast typer, the quick emoticon panel will not appear.
And when it appears, you just continue to type, and the quick emoticon panel closes.
:)
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
12-03-2004 02:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Lightning

O.P.
Yes I know about the Instant display shortcut, but there again I can't just enter the "§" character. It's always preceeded by either Ctrl-§ or Alt-§ or Ctrl-Alt-§.

So since there isn't a way to currently solve this, Patchou would you consider making it possible in the next release through a registry setting?

Thanks!
12-05-2004 03:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: