What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Problems with unread email indicator

Problems with unread email indicator
Author: Message:
flyboy

38 / Male / –
O.P. Problems with unread email indicator
Recently I have noticed that my email indicator doesn't update itself very well, if at all. It will usually update when I open messenger, by checking how many unread emails I have, but won't remove the emails from the count once i read them. Also, I will not get the little pop up box when I receive a new email. I also noticed that for some reason Internet Explorer will not open an email or let you create a new one, so I've set MSN to read emails through firefox, which makes the notification problems worse, but at least I can read my emails. Any ideas on how to fix these problems?
12-05-2004 11:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: Problems with unread email indicator
i think they is a problem at msns end, because i've been havin problems with my email indicator lately aswell. my guess is that with all the updates that msn are doing, that some of the notifications are gettin lost, so you are not informed about new emails
12-05-2004 11:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
flyboy

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Problems with unread email indicator
Cool. That's what I thought as well. At least I'm not the only one with the problem. Thanks for your help.
12-06-2004 01:54 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
There's at least three with this problem: you two and me. there's probably many others too.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
12-06-2004 12:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bdlink

– / Male / –
I got the same problem :(...cept i can read and rite new emails
hope someone solves this soon...
12-06-2004 09:40 PM
Rhapses

Seem's like there's more than one of these threads going around but no one officially as yet saying they will look into it...

Add me to the list of people who don't get live updates to their Hotmail email notifications.

Oh, and for the record, in the MSN settings, it's checked for me to be notified. In Messenger Plus, the box for POP mail is not ticked.

Would not having the POP box ticked, over-ride the Hotmail setting and not notify you of any emails at all?
12-09-2004 08:13 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Rhapses
Oh, and for the record, in the MSN settings, it's checked for me to be notified. In Messenger Plus, the box for POP mail is not ticked.
These are the correct settings for checking the normal default hotmail address when you use MSN Messenger with Messenger Plus!. If you did that then Messenger Plus! will not interfear or change anything regarding the mailchecking...

quote:
Originally posted by Rhapses
Seem's like there's more than one of these threads going around but no one officially as yet saying they will look into it...
Because changes are very high that it is a MSN Messenger/MSN server problem, not a Messenger Plus! problem.

To make sure of that, uninstall Messenger Plus! and use MSN Messenger without Messenger Plus! for a while and report back if the problem is still there or not.

If it is, then it has nothing to do with Messenger Plus! and all these threads are in the wrong forum.

This post was edited on 12-09-2004 at 08:34 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-09-2004 08:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Neon

28 / Male / –
yes
im getn this problem too

stupid MSN hurry up and fix your little bug ffs
:@
12-30-2004 01:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report