What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Volunteers required [Formula 1 related]

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Volunteers required [Formula 1 related]
Author: Message:
bmtaylor

48 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Volunteers required [Formula 1 related]
Pr0xY, it's all just to add some fun to the F1 season.  If I can manage to get something in the way of prizes then there will be an extra incentive to keep entering, otherwise the only prize will be bragging rights.
bmtaylor75[Image: Gmail4.gif]
12-08-2004 09:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
RE: Volunteers required [Formula 1 related]
:/ i would join... but now i know its that, it doesnt seem that interesting.... i thought it would be like.... something that no-one else could do w/o going thru you, but if i want, i could go down to a betting shop, do exactly the same, n get heaps of cash for it ;p i could then head over to the online ferrarri shop, or a real shop if i can find one.... and buy up all their merchandise
go barrichello :D <3

(  traxor?! chill :/  )

This post was edited on 12-08-2004 at 04:31 PM by kangie.
[Image: sig.jpg]
12-08-2004 04:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bmtaylor

48 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Volunteers required [Formula 1 related]
quote:
Originally posted by kangie
:/ i would join... but now i know its that, it doesnt seem that interesting.... i thought it would be like.... something that no-one else could do w/o going thru you
These particular contests can only be entered using the online selectors that have been writen just for these contests, so I guess they can only be entered by going through me (so to speak).

quote:
but if i want, i could go down to a betting shop, do exactly the same, n get heaps of cash for it ;p i could then head over to the online ferrarri shop, or a real shop if i can find one.... and buy up all their merchandise
That's very true, you could go to the bookies and try your luck, but the similar contest offers a wider choice of scenarios and also better odds.

quote:
go barrichello :D <3
At least we know there's no chance of him winning a WDC as long as he plays chief helper monkey to Schumacher.
12-08-2004 04:59 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by bmtaylor
Pr0xY, it's all just to add some fun to the F1 season.  If I can manage to get something in the way of prizes then there will be an extra incentive to keep entering, otherwise the only prize will be bragging rights.
Alright...sounds cool, count me in. 

Do we have to actually bet real money of ours?
12-08-2004 07:34 PM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
bmtaylor..... do you actually know how formula one works? :/ cos your comment "At least we know there's no chance of him winning a WDC as long as he plays chief helper monkey to Schumacher" seems to suggest that perhaps you just run/promote the site....  and dont know very much about how the whole thing works :)
12-08-2004 11:27 PM
bmtaylor

48 / Male / –
Pr0xY, there is only one contest that scores in cash amounts, and they are 100% virtual.  No money of your own will be in danger.

Kangie, I've been watching F1 for 20 years now, and after seeing RB having to yield to MSc numerous times, I don't think that my last comment was outside the realms of truth.  I'm aware that the whole point of F1 is to win the WDC and WCC titles by the biggest margin possible and as quick as possible, but I'm fairly certain that as long as RB and MSc drive for the same team, I can't see RB getting a crack at a WDC trophy.
12-09-2004 08:00 AM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
only because ferrari wont let him :/   am i the only one whose noticed that its never MS's car thats faulty, or wont start? :P  i personally think, the whole point of F1 should be to win the races.... and i think ferrari should be made to realise this :( and that there are two ppl in their team, and both should be treated equally...
12-09-2004 01:30 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
so this is just a silly little

'I told you he would win' online bet thing?

no longer intreested :P have fun though
12-09-2004 05:59 PM
bmtaylor

48 / Male / –
Kangie, Ferrari do let RB win, but only after MSc has already wrapped up the WCC before the mid-point of the season, then they may offer him a few 'gift' wins to keep his spirits up.

Fukafly, it's not just a case of "I told you he would win".  The idea is to use the practice times from the start of each race weekend, plus look at things like weather conditions, engine changes for X driver (an engine change results in a 10 place demotion on the grid) and other circumstances to decide who you select to try to gain the biggest return of points / virtual cash.

I fail to see how this is any any more silly then going to an actual bookies and placing money on an outcome.  The only difference with this is if you do manage to lose all of your weekend stake (15,000 virtual $), your physical wallet doesn't suffer because of it.
12-09-2004 06:16 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: