What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » custom names turns into email by itself

custom names turns into email by itself
Author: Message:
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
O.P. custom names turns into email by itself
i downloaded and installed MSN Messenger 7.0 public beta and msgPlus 3.40 two nights ago and everything worked great! Everything was working just like they should.

Then, today, I got curious and went around "exploring", trying out options i usually don't use in MSN messenger. Since I usually custom names, the "view contact by" option is set to "email address" by msgPlus. I was curious, so I pressed the other option - "Display Name". All the contact names turn into their display names as they should. But when I choose "by email" again, instead of showing the custom names, all the emails are shown! I promptly when to plus!->preferences->contact_list->custom_name. But the checkbox with "display custom contact name" is already selected. I unchecked it, press ok, then check it back, and press ok. but the email remained.... I finally closed MSN Messenger proccess and run it again and things turn back normal.

HOWEVER, after running msn messenger for 2-3 hours, suddently, instead of getting toasts with the custom names, suddently the toasts are displayed as email addresses. The 2-3 hours before this happening, everything is normal. After this "toast by email" when i open the contact list, the contacts all turn back into email addresses. and i have to restart messenger to get back to normal.

This has happened repeatedly for about 4 or 5 times since my little "exploration incident".

I'm using:
-MSN Messenger 7.0.0425
-msgPlus 3.40.112
-winXP pro
Cow juice...
12-06-2004 02:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Xero_Cool

RE: custom names turns into email by itself
Did you hit "Apply"?

Same thing happened to me. I think this is a bug :).

This post was edited on 12-06-2004 at 02:51 PM by Xero_Cool.
Regards,
XeroCool

Acting dumb to you? My bad.

GameConnect++
Mess with MSN Messenger

12-06-2004 02:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: custom names turns into email by itself
quote:
Originally posted by Xero_Cool
Did you hit "Apply"?
quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
I unchecked it, press ok, then check it back, and press ok.
"Ok" has the same effect as "apply", only that "Ok" also exits the preferences panel.

PS: Why the screenshot? Firstly it doesn't "proof"/show anything, secondly it contains emails from your contacts. (post also reported for that)

remove the screenshot ASAP!!

This post was edited on 12-26-2004 at 02:59 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-06-2004 02:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: